User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Don't have an intelligent, intellectually-defensible understanding of typology, as that would be impossible, so the universe might explode.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

- It's not snitching to report posts of concern to mods. They'd prefer that to you taking matters into your own hands or doing what you feel like because so and so is getting away with it.

- Reps don't require a response, but if you are interested in getting to know the other person more, they like it. VMs are for casual conversations that you don't mind others reading. PMs are for anything you don't want mods or other members to read. Friend requests are something I haven't discovered the usefulness of, but it's a nice way of saying that you appreciate someone and want to get to know them better.

- Don't mention rep comments you've received, info from PMs or disclose personal info about other members in public threads.

- Criticize ideas, but don't call people names unless you want to get in trouble yourself.

- People might poke fun at you if you don't post much but spam the Picture thread with photos of your alluring self.

- If you're an ENTP, resist the urge to poke at the NFPs, even if it is for purely scientific reasons.

- If you find yourself getting offended by someone, read a few more threads. It took me awhile to understand some types style of relating and not take it personally.

- If someone does attack you, don't take it personally. Usually it has more to do with them than you. Other people don't care nearly as much as you feel like they might. You don't look dumb (unless of course you create a good show for everyone to watch!)

- Don't spam threads with an ongoing argument with someone which mods will only have to split off.

- Fluff and unrelated conversations within a thread are generally welcomed by (NF)Ps, but some J types get bent out of shape about it. Just check who started the thread and how much they seem to care about directing it and sticking to the subject if you don't want to get in dutch with them.

- Don't keep changing your type every week (particularly to completely unrelated types) and want people to take it seriously. Change it as much as you like though if you want to keep people guessing.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    - Criticize ideas, but don't call people names unless you want to get in trouble yourself.
    Actually, the mods will tell you to stop criticizing ideas as well...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When I was a little boy and I fell in love with a little girl, I would express my love by throwing clods at her.

This was a great test of character for the little girl, because if she could see beyond the clods of earth thrown at her and feel my utter delight in her, I felt she might become my wife.

Of course the little boy in me is still throwing clods and hiding the delight he takes in you - except I have discovered that most here throw clods in the form of insults to hide their delight.

So the most important unwritten rule is to hide your delight, especially from yourself.
    This is beautiful, Victor

garbage

I guess someone had to answer this thread in a serious way. This is a pretty damn good guide to how things go around here

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Actually, the mods will tell you to stop criticizing ideas as well...
    Seems like I was right after all.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    XXFP

The forum isn't a grouping of disparate individuals who occaisionally learn to relate to each other and enjoy the company of other forum members they get along with, but it's actually a churning machine designed to crush you if you're different or violate the rules, which are, in fact, designed for cruelty, oppression, disharmony, and pain.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

---

And since my point might get lost here, the thing is that most issues you may have are more likely due to difference in the indivduals you encounter rather than group conspiracy. There are some rules, and some ideas/requests might be rejected by the power structure in place. Most people stay out of issues and problems.

There is some amount of self-selection bias in terms of who decides to become a member on a typology forum, so you'll probably meet a lot of people who are interested in psychology and creating models of behavior -some of which seem more tenuous than others.

You'll probably get along fine if you keep trying.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I guess someone had to answer this thread in a serious way. This is a pretty damn good guide to how things go around here
    At least she doesn't expect INTJs to refrain from poking at the NFPs. It can be fun and scientific.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    At least she doesn't expect INTJs to refrain from poking at the NFPs. It can be fun and scientific.
    Unless public sexing is a problem, of course not. It appears to be a strange form of foreplay between INTJs and ENFPs.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You don't look dumb (unless of course you create a good show for everyone to watch!)
    Guilty as charged.