User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Showering.

Sure I have had that, but not only there. But I'm not sure the picture is so accurate, as far as just standing there. May I ask those that have this happen, like Kyuuei said, would it happen if you were merely sitting in falling water (not the FLW house) versus going through the mundane motions of washing yourself? I have flashes of insight happen often when I am going through my grooming ritual, its like my mind can wander and I wonder if it connected with the hands in motion allowing the mind to move unencumbered. I've posted about this idea, contemplative action, before so I was thinking maybe this could be a case of it in others.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post

I need to stop doing this -_____-
    You should share some of those thoughts.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Sure I have had that, but not only there. But I'm not sure the picture is so accurate, as far as just standing there. May I ask those that have this happen, like Kyuuei said, would it happen if you were merely sitting in falling water (not the FLW house) versus going through the mundane motions of washing yourself? I have flashes of insight happen often when I am going through my grooming ritual, its like my mind can wander and I wonder if it connected with the hands in motion allowing the mind to move unencumbered. I've posted about this idea, contemplative action, before so I was thinking maybe this could be a case of it in others.
    Yeah I relate to this a lot with showering and driving, or doing like housework.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Yeah I relate to this a lot with showering and driving, or doing like housework.
    ^. It's the curse of being N-dom me thinks. Mind wanders when body is engaged in some repetitive/familiar act.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Yeah, it ain't exactly the same as pictured, I'm rarely ever just standing there while the water is running.

I do move a lot for those 30 minutes, but it doesn't change the fact that I am in there for at least 30 minutes thinking mundane thoughts while the water is running, which is more than I need to be in there.

Of the morning, showering is the only thing taking the chunk of time getting ready, every thing else gets done in less than 10 minutes.

I'm not sure my mind ever stops wandering, whether I'm actually washing myself in the shower or simply standing under the showerhead. I often begin a shower by going through the motions and then drift off in thought and stand there for minutes on end, finally snapping myself out of the shower's trance by reminding myself that I have something of a schedule to keep.

Sometimes my mind wanders when I'm driving but it depends on the road and the conditions. I tend to fixate on the other traffic around me, whether I'm completely surrounded or there's a single car in the distance, which keeps me from zoning out. But on a deserted highway I can quite easily slip into deep thought. At that point the driving becomes second nature and I don't need to think about it. My mind is free to entertain all sorts of other thoughts.

Hm... I began writing this post with the idea in mind that I don't need to be in action in order for my mind to wander but now that I read it back to myself it seems obvious that the opposite is true. I begin the shower in action and drift off. I begin the drive in action and (given the right conditions) drift off. Huh. But then do I drift off in thought because I'm doing the action or is the action incidental and I'd drift off in thought anyway? I'm not so sure. I lean toward the latter.

Rain puts me at ease but I don't enjoy being in it for a prolonged period of time. It's nowhere near the same as a shower. (This is all quite contingent on temperature too; if it's a cold rain I'll be miserable.) There is something about rainy nights that I find particularly relaxing though. I love night-time thunderstorms.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    ^. It's the curse of being N-dom me thinks. Mind wanders when body is engaged in some repetitive/familiar act.
    Curse?

I love my showering & driving time.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

It can be a curse if you need to concentrate.

Like right now I should be doing something else, but my mind can't focus on that task. Too boring perhaps. Too repetitive/familiar. I'm thinking of all sorts of things other than the task at hand.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    It can be a curse if you need to concentrate.

Like right now I should be doing something else, but my mind can't focus on that task. Too boring perhaps. Too repetitive/familiar. I'm thinking of all sorts of things other than the task at hand.
    That's where music fills in the blanks, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Curse?

I love my showering & driving time.
    Yes, more so when it's prone to happen during other activities meant to get us out of one's head, and that happens.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.