User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Showering.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's awesome. My cat used to squeeze through some amazingly small gaps as well... until he got too big and it just no longer worked.
    hah, yeah I wish my cat could do that, but he got fat.. He was always able to open the door, or when he couldn't he just got disgusted and left..

:edit: I should note, I always let my cat Jack [not retard kitten, but my stripey spousechild Jack] hang out with me while I took a bath. He just sits on the side of the tub, playing with the water with his paw, and lays there, keeping me company. My exes were not allowed access during bathtime, and openly expressed jealousy toward the cat, hah.
    Last edited by Lexicon; 07-31-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: sidenote.. about my cat.. of course.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    hah, yeah I wish my cat could do that, but he got fat.. He was always able to open the door, or when he couldn't he just got disgusted and left..
    Mua ha ha!

Cats are so silly. The bathroom door to my bathroom sticks, so I never latched the door, I'd just push it until it stuck firmly -- and the cat sometimes could push it open. He used to do this when I'd be sitting on the toilet, so I'm like, "ARrggg!" because he'd do it when there were other people in the apartment. (Also, on occasion, when I'd be peeing, he'd decide to go in his litter box and synchronize-pee. Another case of WHUT?) Anyway, he'd also push open the door when I was showering or taking a bath.. and then do what you describe here:

... He just sits on the side of the tub, playing with the water with his paw, and lays there, keeping me company.
    Again, funny cats....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have waaaaayyy too nice of a master bath to not lollygag in the shower as often as possible.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Tell that to every frikkin' dog or cat I've ever owned.

Seriously... The bathroom used to be my escape. I could go in there and shower, use the toilet, floss my teeth, etc. in peace and quiet... And then my animals figured it out... If I'm in the bathroom they think that means more time to love on them....

I end up with a cat trying to do this. ^
    Or... A cat beating on the other side of the door.

With my one cat and my old dog, I could turn on the shower and they'd bolt...but the other cat is absolutely fascinated by it... So that doesn't work with her.
    awe, my cat does the same thing. so cute.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yeah... so I don't do this. My showers are probably 5 minutes long at the most.

I don't want to waste the water and pay for it. I also do so much thinking/contemplating elsewhere (driving home from work, sitting in an armchair at home, at the computer....that I don't really need it when showering.

......For pure physical relaxation/pampering, it's always been baths for me. Not every day, but at least a few times a week.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    bathrooms should be places of great beauty with an unobstructed view to nature whenever possible. my favorite home had a 8x10 two-person shower with built-in seating, rainfall shower heads and a massive skylight covering the entire thing. i suspected it wasnt safety glass but i didn't care, i'd lie down and let the water cascade over me while pondering the clouds; if shards rained down on me at least i'd be looking at nature when i met my end. sometimes i'd take a nap that way, and wake up when the water had run cold.
    That was beautiful.

garbage

Man, all of these threads about hygiene.

To get the "shower contemplative experience" without the "waste of shower water," I'm planning on getting myself one of those Zen fountain deals.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    My cat waits for me outside the door when I shower maybe he's worrying that I'm going to drown?
    My cat has waited for me outside of the shower about five times a week for the past six years. I've had no idea why.

Then when I bring in the washroom while I'm showering he scratches the door in fear of death wanting to get out.
    I have the opposite problem. Whenever I shut my cat out of a room, she wants in just so that she knows she has access to it. She won't give a damn about the washroom until I close the door--in which case she'll paw at it until I open the door.

She just wants to feel like she can come and go as she pleases, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Careful, they may resort to this eventually.
    holy shit

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Do what?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I have the opposite problem. Whenever I shut my cat out of a room, she wants in just so that she knows she has access to it. She won't give a damn about the washroom until I close the door--in which case she'll paw at it until I open the door.

She just wants to feel like she can come and go as she pleases, I guess
    Ugh... This is my cat as well. Every once and a while we'll close certain doors to keep our daughter from wandering off.... Apparently, it drives my cat f'in nuts because he will paw and howl at the door until we either open it (at which point he just walks away ) or we yell at him to knock it off.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post

I need to stop doing this -_____-
    What about 25 minutes of sitting on the toilet and 2 minutes of actually emptying your bowels? Is that the same idea?