User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Showering.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well that americans aint the biggest ecologists, I know. I shower under 2 minutes. Only my gf beats me, she needs like 20 seconds. Bathing we both do not do.

Maybe thats why we dont have so many friends.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

On average I take 15-25min. I don't space out in there, just a lot to do. Wash/condition hair [although my hair's short, it's retardedly thick], wash face, shaving, whole body scrub. I took a bit longer when I was in a cast, standing on one leg, but I suppose that's to be expected. If I try to take less than 15, I'm liable to slice myself up with the razor.

I turn the water temp and pressure down while soaping up/stepping away from it to conserve water/heat a bit. I don't shut it all the way off only because, when I do, people start pounding on the door asking if I'm done/start trying to rush me, which pisses me off, a lot.

I have a boombox under the sink I plug in when showering [when no one's home to complain about noise, or when I've lived alone or with roommates who don't care]. I require music to stay aware of the time, and to just make sensate activities more enjoyable. Also, listening to metal while one showers is just ridiculous and epic. I have to do it.

I occasionally take long baths - environment be damned- it's highly therapeutic for my shitty back/knees. [spinal fracture in 2007, bad right knee had surgery from a meniscal tear/loose bodies, left knee has a meniscal tear now, too]. I take a cold drink and a book in there, lock the door, and get lost in a story.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't think in the shower my routine is though, shave, wash, wash hair, condition hair
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I was 27 minutes late for work today. Coincidence?

I love standing around in the shower thinking.

Permabanned

My cat waits for me outside the door when I shower maybe he's worrying that I'm going to drown? Then when I bring in the washroom while I'm showering he scratches the door in fear of death wanting to get out.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Tell that to every frikkin' dog or cat I've ever owned.

Seriously... The bathroom used to be my escape. I could go in there and shower, use the toilet, floss my teeth, etc. in peace and quiet... And then my animals figured it out... If I'm in the bathroom they think that means more time to love on them....

I end up with a cat trying to do this. ^
    Or... A cat beating on the other side of the door.

With my one cat and my old dog, I could turn on the shower and they'd bolt...but the other cat is absolutely fascinated by it... So that doesn't work with her.
    haha, my cat does that too. She yowls and bangs on the door, and recently she's figured out how to open the door somehow and often opens it halfway through my shower which is fairly alarming. I've even considered getting a little hook-eye lock for the door even though I live alone. Maybe sometime when I care enough to remember to buy one.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    yupp

my cat will lick the water droplets off the bottom of the tub/shower or if you turn on the tub before turning on the shower he'll start drinking the water from the faucet. he has a water dish in the bathroom, but its not as good was water from bottom of the tub
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    haha, my cat does that too. She yowls and bangs on the door, and recently she's figured out how to open the door somehow and often opens it halfway through my shower which is fairly alarming. I've even considered getting a little hook-eye lock for the door even though I live alone. Maybe sometime when I care enough to remember to buy one.
    Careful, they may resort to this eventually.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    my cat will lick the water droplets off the bottom of the tub/shower or if you turn on the tub before turning on the shower he'll start drinking the water from the faucet. he has a water dish in the bathroom, but its not as good was water from bottom of the tub
    'tardkitten has a fixation with running water but won't drink it.

..I was so tempted to turn it on, but I refrained.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    My cat does that too. He is also obsessed with any kind of dripping/running water. He routinely climbs into the tub to play (sometimes taking things in with him). What's funny is that he doesn't want to get wet -- if I reach in and turn on the water to freak him out, he runs off... then comes back and watches warily. And of course he hates the spray bottle with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Careful, they may resort to this eventually.
    That's awesome. My cat used to squeeze through some amazingly small gaps as well... until he got too big and it just no longer worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I need to stop doing this -_____-
    Yeah -- universe pondering + falling asleep in the shower is really slowing down my mornings!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft