User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Showering.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    bathrooms should be places of great beauty with an unobstructed view to nature whenever possible. my favorite home had a 8x10 two-person shower with built-in seating, rainfall shower heads and a massive skylight covering the entire thing. i suspected it wasnt safety glass but i didn't care, i'd lie down and let the water cascade over me while pondering the clouds; if shards rained down on me at least i'd be looking at nature when i met my end. sometimes i'd take a nap that way, and wake up when the water had run cold.
    that sounds amazing.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It is hard to make my mind not drift off in the shower..

I frequently stand outside while it is raining for this purpose. Lay in it, or stand in it, just watch it fall and think and meditate.. Cold rain, hot rain, horrid thunderstorms with gusting winds that knock me over, doesn't matter. The last ones are the best.

Currently I'm in the desert for the second time, and water is a precious resource that I can't really waste.. So you rinse off, turn off the water, lather up in soaps and shampoos, then turn the water back on and rinse it all away and then you're done. I've gotten so used to that now that it seems wasteful to let it run at home.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    bathrooms should be places of great beauty with an unobstructed view to nature whenever possible. my favorite home had a 8x10 two-person shower with built-in seating, rainfall shower heads and a massive skylight covering the entire thing. i suspected it wasnt safety glass but i didn't care, i'd lie down and let the water cascade over me while pondering the clouds; if shards rained down on me at least i'd be looking at nature when i met my end. sometimes i'd take a nap that way, and wake up when the water had run cold.
    Sounds steamy
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I do this. It was the chief cause of lateness in getting to school. :P
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post
    Yeah, I do this. It was the chief cause of lateness in getting to school. :P
    I just like staying in the shower because it feels nice, not because I do any exceptional thinking there (no more exceptional than outdoor walking or sitting in front of a computer or book, because those three places tend to be where I think).

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've been known to place a stool in the shower. You know what the phase is after your skin becomes all wrinkly? It starts to peel off!

The last few years I've been more of a quick shower person, but occasionally I take an extended one.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

if i feel like taking a longer time than normal, i will soak in a bath instead but normally i take quick showers.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I used to do this, until I lived in France. That broke me of the habit pretty quick. I do miss my shower-think-time sometimes, but my current shower is not that pleasant to be in anyway... too many shower curtains that try to accost me awhile I'm showering.

Now I think during my drive to work. Another thing I should get rid of... but I could think on the bus just as well.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I don't do this. I get nervous about being inefficient with my shower time. I don't like wasting water either.

I like thinking on the toilet instead. The bathroom is a great place for thinking because it's that one room you know you will have peace and privacy and no one can fault you for being in there a long time if you have the right excuses. When I was little I would sneak books into the bathroom with me so I could read without getting bothered. My mom would knock at the door but I'd just tell her I was still going. It was tougher sneaking them out because she'd always be suspicious!
    Tell that to every frikkin' dog or cat I've ever owned.

Seriously... The bathroom used to be my escape. I could go in there and shower, use the toilet, floss my teeth, etc. in peace and quiet... And then my animals figured it out... If I'm in the bathroom they think that means more time to love on them....

I end up with a cat trying to do this. ^
    Or... A cat beating on the other side of the door.

With my one cat and my old dog, I could turn on the shower and they'd bolt...but the other cat is absolutely fascinated by it... So that doesn't work with her.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It is hard to make my mind not drift off in the shower..

I frequently stand outside while it is raining for this purpose. Lay in it, or stand in it, just watch it fall and think and meditate.. Cold rain, hot rain, horrid thunderstorms with gusting winds that knock me over, doesn't matter. The last ones are the best.
    [YOUTUBE="K2ihL_FrFPs"]this scene immediately came to mind [/YOUTUBE]
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.