User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Thread: Showering.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Oh, my mother beat this out of me at a young age. If anyone were to be showering for more than five minutes, she'd (alarmingly) bang on the door and tell us to turn off the water. I'd be so afraid of failing her orders that even with soap still in my hair I'd quickly turn shut off the valve and usually end up rinsing my hair off in the sink.

I'd save the introspection for a hot, soapy tub.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I do this so much. If I didn't procrastinate and just sit there thinking and playing with the water I would only take 10 minutes, maybe even less. It's just relaxing to be all alone for once in the day and just be able to consider things more deeply.

I have to force myself to hurry up because my family always gets so mad at me for taking "forever". One time I was at camp for school and was only allowed three minute showers - that sucked.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I try to get it over with as fast as I can. When I'm lying on my death bed, it will be more bearable if I can look back at my life and think that I spent more time reading, having good conversations, etc. and less time fooling around in the water.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I gotta be honest and say that I absolutely hate showering. I do it, because I have to, but my showers are super short. I feel like i'm wasting time when I could be doing something that I really want to do. I hate mundane everyday things. Showering is just another one of those. The only time I actually really enjoy a shower is when I'm hot and sweaty. In which case I'll take a cold shower that is still very short, because they waste my precious time on this earth.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I shower everyday and I use soap and conditioner now that I can afford it. /bougie

Quote Originally Posted by Guy V. Malaxia View Post
    Oh, my mother beat this out of me at a young age. If anyone were to be showering for more than five minutes, she'd (alarmingly) bang on the door and tell us to turn off the water. I'd be so afraid of failing her orders that even with soap still in my hair I'd quickly turn shut off the valve and usually end up rinsing my hair off in the sink.

I'd save the introspection for a hot, soapy tub.
    OMG! My mom does this too! It's so annoying

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It is hard to make my mind not drift off in the shower..

I frequently stand outside while it is raining for this purpose. Lay in it, or stand in it, just watch it fall and think and meditate.. Cold rain, hot rain, horrid thunderstorms with gusting winds that knock me over, doesn't matter. The last ones are the best.

Currently I'm in the desert for the second time, and water is a precious resource that I can't really waste.. So you rinse off, turn off the water, lather up in soaps and shampoos, then turn the water back on and rinse it all away and then you're done. I've gotten so used to that now that it seems wasteful to let it run at home.
    How quickly I take things for granted.. I definitely have let so much water go to waste just standing in the shower. I think I've posted in another thread before on how I like to play games in the shower, or play with toys, etc. It's a little hard to do since I've deployed, but I've definitely been more conservative of water since I deployed the second time than before.

Still love standing in the rain though.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

I definitely have let so much water go to waste just standing in the shower. I think I've posted in another thread before on how I like to play games in the shower, or play with toys, etc.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Even as I wrote that I knew someone would.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Even as I wrote that I knew someone would.
    You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down.