User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 157

  1. #51
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    USA
    It's not what I asked for Mac.

    I have a feeling in another 100 years it would be China in the lead.

    Ps - Was your Korean wife pissed by the fencing incident?

  2. #52
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    It's not what I asked for Mac.

    I have a feeling in another 100 years it would be China in the lead.

    Ps - Was your Korean wife pissed by the fencing incident?
    She's an American.

    P.S. it's still USA.

  3. #53
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    She's an American.

    P.S. it's still USA.
    *Wonders whether it is true that Chinese athletes are forced trained or whether this is simple western propaganda*

    It probably is true. Hmmm... if so I'd like the USA to win.

    Ps -

    @MacGuffin that's what she wants you to think . Koreans are cunning people.

  4. #54
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    I know she's a North Korean sleeper agent. I think @CzeCze is her handler.

  5. #55
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I know she's a North Korean sleeper agent. I think @CzeCze is her handler.
    Wait what? The fencer or your wife? In any case doubtful, bc if so you wouldn't be able to type your last clownish post. IN YO FACE CLOWN.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  6. #56
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    See how the spy tries to act confused to generate sympathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Wait what? The fencer or your wife? In any case doubtful, bc if so you wouldn't be able to type your last clownish post. IN YO FACE CLOWN.


    Who's leading the medal count now, China????

  7. #57
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    So I have the NBC Olympics app which lets you watch video and live streaming of events. When I logged in yesterday this was the video highlights for me:

    Fencer gets ROBBED Of Gold Medal Bout

    Here's a visual break down of what happened

    Okay, that wasn't the actual title but after watching it I was like what happened? It is being deemed the most dramatic/controversial moment of the 2012 Olympics so far. Basically, between the referrees, the judges, and the time keeper, someone messed up. Shin (KOR) and Heidemann (GER) had less than 1 second on the clock and it kept resetting back from 0 to 1, keeping the action going. If you watch the video, it's very confusing.

    Basically, the last time the clock goes to 0 ending the match and mysteriously sets itself back to 1 after the match ended and the winning score from Heidemann shouldn't have counted.

    Shin stayed on the piste (the floor) in protest while judges decided.

    Fencing buffs also say the referee did a bad job of controlling the starting action as Heidemann was edging up closer (Shin literally had her back up against 'the wall' by the time it was down to 1 second) and started her last action before 'start' was called.

    With the Olympic staging and lighting, it made for some dramatic photos. The spectators also seemed to be on Shin's side and not on the officials.



    [URL="http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17uiv1rswrezcjpg/original.jpg"]
    Was it protest? I read that is was a weird rule that because we contested the results she had to stay on the piste?

  8. #58
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Heard about that fencing controversy. It's a horrible situation for everyone to have (poor) judging/refereeing decide things. Even the German probably feels unhappy to win in such fashion and to have it forever questioned. I remember NZ losing a Netball World Cup final to the Aussies because of poor timekeeping. The teams were drawn and the ref allowed a extra goal in, even though it was 1 second over time. To say the least, we were pretty bitter and infuriated.

    Do you remember the problem at the Athens Olympics (I think) where they miscalculated scores in the Gymnastics and accidentally had the wrong guy win? I believe they had to ask him to swap his medal, as they couldn't reverse the official decision without his permission. Unfortunately the selfish bastard refused. I wouldn't want that medal myself - it's almost like winning through doping.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  9. #59
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    I'm glad GB won Gold... I was talking to my Australian friend last night via text, and I was telling her all about what's going on here with the no fly zone, the helicopters that seem to be the only thing in the skies now (apart from the odd boeing 747 type plane), the Sunday Trading laws being relaxed until September, and all of that and what's it's like to be in the host city (She's from Melbourne, not Sydney)... and then we spoke about Gold Medals and... At that point, Team GB hadn't won a single Gold, just 2 Silvers and 2 Bronze medals... And yeah, Australia had won one Gold and other medals... and, yeah, I said 'how embarrasing would it be to host it and not get a Gold?'
    I woke up to find that that's finally changed, and we got our first Gold today... I'm glad we got that.... and that took us from being 21st in the tables to being literally just under Australia... Ohwell, what fun.

  10. #60
    Starcrossed Seafarer Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    I'm glad GB won Gold... I was talking to my Australian friend last night via text, and I was telling her all about what's going on here with the no fly zone, the helicopters that seem to be the only thing in the skies now (apart from the odd boeing 747 type plane), the Sunday Trading laws being relaxed until September, and all of that and what's it's like to be in the host city (She's from Melbourne, not Sydney)... and then we spoke about Gold Medals and... At that point, Team GB hadn't won a single Gold, just 2 Silvers and 2 Bronze medals... And yeah, Australia had won one Gold and other medals... and, yeah, I said 'how embarrasing would it be to host it and not get a Gold?'
    I woke up to find that that's finally changed, and we got our first Gold today... I'm glad we got that.... and that took us from being 21st in the tables to being literally just under Australia... Ohwell, what fun.
    It must be fascinating to have the Olympics going on in your city of residence!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Similar Threads

  1. Olympics 2012 (Opening Ceremony)
    By FigerPuppet in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. NBC edit out 7/7 tribute London 2012 opening ceremony.
    By ilikeitlikethat in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 12:57 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
  4. Pentathlon Switches to Laser Guns for 2012 Olympics
    By Oberon in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 05:17 PM
  5. Beijing Summer Olympics 2008
    By Colors in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 09:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO