User Tag List

First 123 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I hate to get voicemails like this. I wonder what the hell is up, why do I need to call back asap...and 9 times out of 10, it's not a big deal. It is me panicking and left wondering what is so urgent or serious that they couldn't say, "Give me a call. I need to talk to you about _________." I hate not knowing or being emotionally prepared for whatever is going to be dished out.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Email/Chat/text>Voicemail with content>Face to Face conversation>Talking to someone-- anyone-- on the phone

/introvert

I myself prefer talking directly to people on the phone. I've been known to answer texts by calling back.

And I never let the phone go to voicemail unless it's about something really important.

I prefer people just pick up their phones. Why can't people pick up their phones?

I'm still introvert though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

tldr.

But I try not to leave voicemails. My preferred method of communication is email. Then text. Then phone/face-to-face
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    yupp

"hii this Libby yaddy yaddy yaddy yadah thanks if you could call me back my numbers ############ thank you good bye, look forward to hearing from you"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Maybe she's like me.

I utterly fail at formulating thought without interaction and feedback. Then you'd be ranting stating, "this guy always leaves me voicemails with forty seconds of 'uhhhh'!!!"
    I think at best, yes, maybe she's juggling a lot of things in her mind, so the voice mail is basically just a placeholder until she can talk to you, Tilty.

However, your boss sounds like a crappy communicator. I figure a manager should be reasonable and open to communicating with the people under her, and tailor their interactions a bit to make things work the best. What she is doing is highly inefficient and conveys no useful information that can be used as a trail or as a later reference for you to complete the task she would like to assign, and it also results in a long game of phone tag, which is a waste of everyone's time... meanwhile, if she bothered to take only about 20 seconds (surely she can manage THAT!) to explain the general gist of her need, you could be thinking about it and working on it and ready when you guys actually get to talk about it in detail.

Honestly, in any other setting other than work, if someone did that to me consistently, I wouldn't even respond to the messages; it would be THAT annoying and useless to me, and I wouldn't want to waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I myself prefer talking directly to people on the phone. I've been known to answer texts by calling back.

And I never let the phone go to voicemail unless it's about something really important.

I prefer people just pick up their phones. Why can't people pick up their phones?

I almost never pick up my phone. I despise how people think that, just because they dialed my number, suddenly I'm expected to drop everything I'm in the middle of and answer their call. No, if I have the option, I'll screen you, make sure I have what you need (or find a block of time where there is room for a decent conversation), then get back to you so that we don't waste each other's time.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I almost never pick up my phone. I despise how people think that, just because they dialed my number, suddenly I'm expected to drop everything I'm in the middle of and answer their call. No, if I have the option, I'll screen you, make sure I have what you need (or find a block of time where there is room for a decent conversation), then get back to you so that we don't waste each other's time.
    Hmm, I understand that from a casual call point of view, but I only call people if it has to do with work or is really important. Pretty much only for work, because I never have important stuff going on I cant handle myself.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hmm, I understand that from a casual call point of view, but I only call people if it has to do with work or is really important. Pretty much only for work, because I never have important stuff going on I cant handle myself.
    Work, I answer, because I can't screen it anyway.
    Plus, I rarely get phone calls.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

usually when i leave a voice mail it's to ask a question, so i ask the question than ask them to call me back. because i'm not psychic ffs
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

WALMART

I'm still introvert though.

I dread phone calls D=

I never trust the person doesn't want to talk to me as much as I don't want to talk to them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I despise "call me back" voicemails with no context, because there's an obligation to actually call back and ask what's going on when they could have just said so, and most of the time they don't pick up when I call back anyway... why even leave a message? I vastly prefer texts and emails. There are very few people I will willingly talk on the phone with - with most people it needs to be in writing or face to face.