User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Is it creepy to like the way other people smell?

I simply love it. I traded uniforms with someone I like, and I wear the jacket and it smells like he does and it gives me so much comfort--I really dread the day I will wash it, and I don't use the jacket as often as I want just to keep the smell around longer.

There are certain ways people smell that I absolutely enjoy outside of attraction too--I don't really make it obvious but I will sit closer to someone and enjoy the way they smell. Women usually have a very pleasent smell to them that reminds me of summer, and a guy that doesn't have a BO problem that's just worked up a light sweat tends to smell nice to me as well.

Anyways, the point is, when I was wearing the jacket I realized I didn't really want to tell the previous owner that I wasn't wearing it so often to keep the smell around.. it seemed creepy in my head to say that.

Would you be creeped out if someone told you that? Granted, dude and I are attracted to each other, but does it make you feel odd if someone tells you you smell nice outside of noticing your perfume? Is there a way of saying that where it doesn't sound creepy? Because I'm drawing a blank on that one.. I don't want to lie, but telling the truth just seems like a unnecessary evil to me right now.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

no as long you don't sniff them in the elevator. though i do admit being tempted to say to someone in the elevator "you smell really good, mmmm"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I feel like its not creepy if there's a mutual attraction. Just say it in the right way. "I like wearing your jacket because it smells nice, like you" is less creepy than "I've made sure not to wash your jacket because I like to sniff it and think about you"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no as long you don't sniff them in the elevator. though i do admit being tempted to say to someone in the elevator "you smell really good, mmmm"
    I just pictured that old guy off Family Guy when you wrote the "mmmm" part.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I feel like its not creepy if there's a mutual attraction. Just say it in the right way. "I like wearing your jacket because it smells nice, like you" is less creepy than "I've made sure not to wash your jacket because I like to sniff it and think about you"
    It sounds the same to me to read those two.. I think I can see how the former is more delicate, but it still sounds odd to say out loud.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It sounds the same to me to read those two.. I think I can see how the former is more delicate, but it still sounds odd to say out loud.
    yeah i agree, but the second one makes it sound like someone who's more unstable than someone who says the first thing. like if someone said the second thing to me I'd be hiding my knives, the first thing i'd be like uh ok
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

No. It is perfectly normal to enjoy pleasant smells. (Or unpleasant if you're horny.)

EDIT: I rated this thread 5 stars.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

That's a natural biological response. People be using the word creepy too loosely.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I simply love it. I traded uniforms with someone I like, and I wear the jacket and it smells like he does and it gives me so much comfort--I really dread the day I will wash it, and I don't use the jacket as often as I want just to keep the smell around longer.

There are certain ways people smell that I absolutely enjoy outside of attraction too--I don't really make it obvious but I will sit closer to someone and enjoy the way they smell. Women usually have a very pleasent smell to them that reminds me of summer, and a guy that doesn't have a BO problem that's just worked up a light sweat tends to smell nice to me as well.

Anyways, the point is, when I was wearing the jacket I realized I didn't really want to tell the previous owner that I wasn't wearing it so often to keep the smell around.. it seemed creepy in my head to say that.

Would you be creeped out if someone told you that? Granted, dude and I are attracted to each other, but does it make you feel odd if someone tells you you smell nice outside of noticing your perfume? Is there a way of saying that where it doesn't sound creepy? Because I'm drawing a blank on that one.. I don't want to lie, but telling the truth just seems like a unnecessary evil to me right now.
    Pff course not. Being attracted to smells is probably one of the most natural attractions that humans have.

The interesting thing though is that in reality neither men nor women smell that nice naturally, at least from my experience, it's just that men smell a bit stronger because of their hormones. *The nice smells are either pheromones which arent necessarily detectable* or because deodorants and perfumes are more wide spread now and often a person uses them so much they become mixed in with the natural scent.

** Im probably wrong on the pheromones bit....
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.