User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    I love the way people smell after just perspiring...before the sweat gets jiggy with bacteria and starts to give off that sour BO smell.

No, this smell is sweet and earthy. It's one of my all-time favourites.

And if that's wrong then I simply don't wanna be right.
    Im the same way. I have two friends I work out with here in Africa, and one of them sweats heavily after each work out and he'll often apologize for smelling 'bad' because I guess he just assumes if you're sweaty that you smell bad, but he has a very musky down-to-earth scent that's perfectly fine and even pleasent.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

A girl I liked slept over in college once.

I didn't wash the shirt she borrowed for months.

I've never had a scent drive me so wild. Nothing's more awesome than being into a girl, and finding that she's got awesome girl smell.

That shit rules, and can be kind of distracting.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Not if they smell like food.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I guess it depends on what they smell like.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

garbage

I've been blessed with 20/10 vision, but my sense of smell is pretty much completely broken.

So when I see people sniffin' all up around one another, I would be inclined to think that it's creepy.

figsfiggyfigs

pfffttt. /Guilty

A few years back, I once kept 2 used shirts and a cologne bottle of someone I liked just so I can sniff it :}}

I never wore them, they were there merely for my sniffing pleasure.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

When I am attracted to a guy, I love smelling him. Not creepy. That's some animal shit right there.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I don't think it's creepy at all to like the way people smell. There was this guy who used to live with me, and when he wasn't around, I would gather up all of his clothes and surround myself with them so that I could luxuriate in his scent. I would also sometimes keep his deodorant on hand, so that he wouldn't be able to find it, and just when there was only one place left for him to look, I would put it there when he wasn't looking and then "find" it for him. I don't think he ever caught on; if he did, he never let on to it. At any rate, he eventually moved out--rather soon, in fact--and I ended up having to spray down his room with cleaning chemicals, because he turned out to be a gigantic asshole, and I didn't want to smell him anymore.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    pfffttt. /Guilty

A few years back, I once kept 2 used shirts and a cologne bottle of someone I liked just so I can sniff it :}}

I never wore them, they were there merely for my sniffing pleasure.
    But did you ever tell him that you didnt wear the shirts for that reason? Or did he never notice so the conversation never came up?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It is interesting that we culturally go to great lengths to hide our smell - showering, deodorant, perfume. Because a sense of smell runs so deep neurologically, I've wondered how that affects our sense of self and even our acceptance of self.

I agree it is especially normal and often unavoidable to like the smell of a romantic partner, but I do also wonder how this extends to our reaction to the smell of friends and pets, etc. Since I think more like an animal than a person I am aware of liking the smell of every person and critter I like. I like the way our pack smells at home and take to washing bedding more often for the sake of the civilized world probably not caring for it as much as I do. Admitting that might be creepier than the premise of the OP, but I'm okay with that. :P
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.