User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is it creepy to like the way other people smell?

Permabanned Array
    5w6 sp/sx

Continue being creepy. Please!

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

It's not creepy at all. You appreciate pheromones, I assume.

People tell me I smell like apples, pretty often- friends I'm around [i've been using the same apple scented deodorant for yrs, I think I just secrete it now, haha]- doesn't bother me. My ENTP friend I've known since I was 15 loves that I smell the same, it's some sentimental thing to him, something familiar from simpler days.. he dragged me over to some of his friends before and was like --SMELL HER- IT'S FUCKING AWESOME - ISN'T IT? YES? I KNOW!

Generally perfumes and colognes irritate my nose- it's like I'm huffing drain cleaner. Just all smells like chemicals. I'm sensitive to scented hand sanitizers, too.. ESFP friend gave me passionfruit sanitizer yrs ago and it was overwhelming/vile.
    I seem to only be able to tolerate apple when it comes to artificial scents.

My old roommate who was in the Army had a certain sweaty smell all the time that wasn't unpleasant, in of itself, or I was just used to it on/around him, living in close quarters.

Even my INTP hippie friend with her hairy armpits doesn't have like, a 'bad' smell, to me. She's very clean, but there is a sort of earthy aroma around her.

I've noticed most people who don't seem to have offensive body scents or actually smell wonderful to me tend to also have a very healthy diet. I suppose that makes sense.

My ENTJ ex never wore cologne, and I loved his smell, it was just very calming.
    Some people just smell like home.
    Last edited by Lexicon; 07-27-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: typos bug me.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

5w6 sp/so

I seem to hear about it a lot these last few years. Maybe it's getting more popular.

But if you like your own that narcissism?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

No creepier than liking the way someone looks. Maybe it's slightly odder or more intimate, but I think if it's safe to tell someone that they are hot, it's probably safe to tell them they smell nice. The exception would be if you're never particularly close, because then you'd better explain how you had a good chance to smell them.

I have never been attracted to anyone that didn't smell nice to me, by the way.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    No creepier than liking the way someone looks.
    It is probably slightly creepier. Here is my reasoning, taking photos to appreciate the way someone looks is pretty low on the creepy scale, but has creepy potential if taken too far. Bottling someones smell is fairly creepy right from the start.

4w3 sp/sx

No, not creepy at all. I have an extremely acute sense of smell, so it is one of the first things I will notice about people.

Oddly enough, I never, ever liked the way my ex smelled. I tried to ignore it thinking that I was just weird to be affected by it like I was. Good reason for it, though--totally incompatible HLA systems.

I love the way people smell after just perspiring...before the sweat gets jiggy with bacteria and starts to give off that sour BO smell.

No, this smell is sweet and earthy. It's one of my all-time favourites.

And if that's wrong then I simply don't wanna be right.

its normal but dont tell him
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

5w4 sp/sx

@Mad Hatter is out of town. I found one of his worn t-shirts this morning, smelled it and smiled

A friend of mine once had to sleep over at another friends place after a party. They gave him the room of a female roommate who was away for the weekend and he totally fell in love with the way her bedsheets smelled. He didn't know her and the room and the smell was all he had to go by, but he liked that and built up some fantasy. How disappointed he was when they met some time later and it turned out he didn't find her interesting at all.

The difference between looks and smell might be that smell is considered more intimate and it is usually (rightfully, I guess) assumed that of you are attracted to somebody's smell there is sexual/romantic attraction at play while you could simply appreciate a person's looks from an aesthetic point of view.

Perfume might be different. I once went to a party years ago where this fat, shy Brazilian guy was wearing the most amazing scent. The guy didn't seem interesting at all, but god did he smell good!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    They smell your chest?
    I smell my husbands' chest because if we stand face to face, my nose hits him around the lower chest area/top of abdomen level. And he smells wonderful.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.