User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Don't think so, it's natural... I can remember scents for a looong time, and the same feelings/mental state/whatever comes back years later when I happen to smell the same scent.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think there are many things that our senses and unconscious pick up on which tells us we like someone. Olfactory signals still have a substantial application with the modern human.

I however am unclear on the issue of whether humans have pheromones what practical role, if any, do they play in the day to day existence of the contemporary homosapien.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

WALMART

Not.... one.... bit.

Its actually really really cute.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

A girl in high school asked me if she could wear my jacket. She never gave it back haha. I think some people are more sensual with smell than others. I mean is it important to them?

I admire her for saying I smell good. I think it's a way women emotionally go deeper and connect with you. Why is does it happen around the chest area though?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It sounds the same to me to read those two.. I think I can see how the former is more delicate, but it still sounds odd to say out loud.
    It's partially in the tone. This first one you say in a kind of offhanded way, not like it's a confession or a declaration on love. Also, I would say it only after they had made some previous inquiry about the jacket. I guess to the "like you" at then end could just go unstated but if their really is an understood mutual attraction I think it's fine.

And this is all assuming that you do want to express your enjoyment of jacket sniffing. If that's the objective I think I did offered a petty good strategy

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    A girl in high school asked me if she could wear my jacket. She never gave it back haha. I think some people are more sensual with smell than others. I mean is it important to them?

I admire her for saying I smell good. I think it's a way women emotionally go deeper and connect with you. Why is does it happen around the chest area though?

They smell your chest?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    They smell your chest?
    Well...without going into too much detail..yea, there. .

I'm was curious why there.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ If it were me, because they like the chest area anyways.. It's a source of comfort for me. Nothing says comforting like laying on a man's chest.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Well...without going into too much detail..yea, there. .

I'm was curious why there.
    I think the chest is just as natural pillow spot. I guess I typically either smell at the chest or neck.

I had a boyfriend once who claimed that "boobs have a certain smell". I assumed he was just being a moron but is there any truth to that?

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

this forum is awesome
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.