User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Well a website doesn't allow them to actually strangle NTPs as a last recourse to win arguments.
    so yeah. must be frustrating.
    Hi to you, too, Eck.

*snuggles the bear*
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Second, I am one with a deep intuition, as I said, I tend to anticipate and win usually always when it comes to school (highest gpa in college and highschool) and in anything involving the mind and the long run (the tortoise always beats the hair).

Third, I am working with details and an extroverted sensor. I run a 5 minute mile and I am 30. I can do 40 pullups and 50 pushups back to back and I work with thousands of details every day, in fact my profession has more details than any other.

Three days ago I prepared over 400 source documents in two hours, and then assimilated sum totals into the presentation of an excel sheet, into 40, and formatted them all in less 30 minutes using a vba script I programmed over lunch.
    This particular type of extrovert is a planner and tends towards ambition. He or she will allot time to forums but it will never be the centerpiece of their existence unless there is an exception, and exceptions prove the ruler.

In this case the exception is that the forum is his or her ambition.
    What you just described sounds like Farsighted > Carefree more than anything.
    Socionics Dichotomies: R2t6

In a nutshell, Farsighted types are always in motion, always making deliberate progress towards the future; Carefree types are not.
    Se-dominants (ESFP and ESTP) tend to be Farsighted and Ni-creatives (ENTJ and ENFJ) tend to be Carefree. Based on things you've repeatedly expressed while on this forum, you bear more similarity to a Farsighted type than a Carefree type.

You do not, however, sound like someone who has Se as their Mobilizing function (rough equivalent of 3rd position in MBTI) as the ENTJ does:
    Quote Originally Posted by the16types
    Se as Mobilizing Function (EIE, LIE)

This individual feels that he needs support of others to provide the gusto and motivation for his endeavors. The individual tends to feel capable of achieving his goals, but he first hesitate and trying to think of possible outcomes instead of moving forward, and thus miss out on opportunities which he comes to regret later. He is passively perceptive and evaluative of the external physical conditions, but is lacking in ability to forcefully change them, instead relying on others to do this for him. This makes him seem somewhat unsure and dependent on other's activities and volitional activities to mobilize himself. Nevertheless this individual is usually quite competitive and enjoys being involved in challenging endeavors to see his will and personal abilities develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people.
    If you don't identify with the above text, you're probably not an Ni-ego, and based on how you've described yourself on this forum, none of this is like you.

On another note, try not to freak out and quote the same single post three times in a row because I bruised your ego and then try to wrap it up as "informing you of your errors with my enlightened intelligence." You're not fooling anyone.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@Wind Up Rex, how would you describe the forum dynamic now, 2 years after the OP?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    ...On another note, try not to freak out and quote the same single post three times in a row because I bruised your ego and then try to wrap it up as "informing you of your errors with my enlightened intelligence." You're not fooling anyone.
    Well, if you really want to fight this battle: He's not the only one. Considering the way you freaked out in the Alignment thread last night because I couldn't tell you actually knew anything about the topic (since your post wasn't clear), maybe you want to ease up a bit? (You don't have to prove how smart you are; it's obvious you're not a dumb person.)

Also, maybe save the re-typing people for threads where they actually ask for help typing themselves? Not really sure why that even became an issue in this particular thread.

--

As far as WUR's OP goes... I think it's even moreso nowadays, at least the second half of the OP:

The enviornment is a lot more...personal, maybe? At the same time people seem to joke around less, discussion content is less theory-driven, and the arguments that do occur seem to be more clashes between personalities rather than clashes between ideas. I feel if I had come here now looking to learn more about theory in the way I had wanted two years ago, Id be harder pressed to do so. On the other hand, Ive established more meaningful relationships with others on the forum this time around than I did last time I was on the forums regularly.
    I don't really view it as NF, though. The forum seems more like a collection of unique personalities who all have marked off their own particular space. There's definitely less impersonal theory-talking and discussion, more personalities engaging on social and politic issues and otherwise just blowing off steam.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    @Wind Up Rex, how would you describe the forum dynamic now, 2 years after the OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't really view it as NF, though. The forum seems more like a collection of unique personalities who all have marked off their own particular space. There's definitely less impersonal theory-talking and discussion, more personalities engaging on social and politic issues and otherwise just blowing off steam.
    It's interesting re-reading the thread how somethings in the OP were misconstrued. Looking at what I had written, there didn't seem to be much of a value judgement on my part as to whether the present state of affairs were necessarily better or worse--they were just different. It was more noting a trade off than saying that the change that had occurred was for the worst.

What I'm recognizing now is that the change was not because of any one particular group here. The state of the forum and how we experience it is essentially our own choice. I wasn't looking for theoretical discussion at the point where I was two years ago, I was looking to shoot the shit, and so I did.

Oddly enough, the work I've done professionally has given me more opportunity to study online communities and social networks at a greater depth in the past year, and there's a lot of great literature out there on the subject. Basically, TypoC is an older community. It's at a stage where it's gone through a couple of user cohorts that have participated in the site and moved on, and is now basically at a lull where either new members are actively attracted to reinvigorate the culture or it will continue to taper off as it has been.

I've admittedly been in and out over the years, and am just coming back from almost a year long hiatus. I know there's a lot of folks that I don't know who are posting, and frankly, I'm glad for that. It's as it should be. I know that @highlander takes a lot of grief for the changes that he's been making around here, but frankly it's exactly what needs to be done if this place is going to remain vital. The site has to grow, evolve and remain relevant, and not just a mausoleum to the "good ol' days".

To me, there should always be an understanding of how the mission of the platform is defined--what are we really trying to accomplish here, and what value are we really creating for our users? How are we executing on our understanding of that mission, and what do we have in place to make sure that people are really being enriched by their experience? What are the difference in needs for someone like me who's been here for years as oppose to someone who's just trying to get a hang of things, and what can be implemented to engage both? To some extent, having gotten more exposure to tech and what it takes to foster a virtual social space of any sort, this place is kind of a miracle to me. I mean, people spend hours on this site every single day just hanging out, and the churn cycle is measured in months or years rather than days. That's straight up unicorn-level from the perspective of metrics. I know some startups that would kill to have the kind of retention numbers this place must have, and that there's been no attempt to monetize off that user base beyond token donations? That's either some Ghandi or Forest Gump shit there.

Either way, suffice to say, I'm mostly just grateful to be apart of a place like this. There's a lot of terrible places in the virtual world, and this site has managed to be bright, safe spot for a lot of folks who need it. People make friends here. Fall in love here. Get married here. That's at once awesome and depressingly rare in the online world.

Anyways, I'm not sure how to answer your question, entropic. Obviously I could quibble at the margins about this aspect of UX or that, but I'm at a point where it's like, damn, it's all so fucking decent, you know? You see enough and you stop shitting on the wholesome things when you find them, I guess lol.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes highlander, Cygnus, Entropic, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    To me, there should always be an understanding of how the mission of the platform is defined--what are we really trying to accomplish here, and what value are we really creating for our users? How are we executing on our understanding of that mission, and what do we have in place to make sure that people are really being enriched by their experience? What are the difference in needs for someone like me who's been here for years as oppose to someone who's just trying to get a hang of things, and what can be implemented to engage both?
    I think we need to have an "About" tab or something on the home page that describes some of these things. I recently received this feedback from a personality type practitioner/coach who was looking at our site. He felt it would improve things from a transparency standpoint to visitors - clearly communicating what the forum is all about. So it's added to the to do list .

We have some things in this thread from the Forum Improvement Committee last summer that speaks to some of the direction. As I reflect back, we got a lot done in that committee. I'm doing what I can to help us execute on that direction that was laid out by the committee.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes GarrotTheThief, Wind Up Rex liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    What you just described sounds like Farsighted > Carefree more than anything.
    Socionics Dichotomies: R2t6

In a nutshell, Farsighted types are always in motion, always making deliberate progress towards the future; Carefree types are not.
    Se-dominants (ESFP and ESTP) tend to be Farsighted and Ni-creatives (ENTJ and ENFJ) tend to be Carefree. Based on things you've repeatedly expressed while on this forum, you bear more similarity to a Farsighted type than a Carefree type.

You do not, however, sound like someone who has Se as their Mobilizing function (rough equivalent of 3rd position in MBTI) as the ENTJ does:

If you don't identify with the above text, you're probably not an Ni-ego, and based on how you've described yourself on this forum, none of this is like you. In MBTI

On another note, try not to freak out and quote the same single post three times in a row because I bruised your ego and then try to wrap it up as "informing you of your errors with my enlightened intelligence." You're not fooling anyone.
    actually for personal reasons I will not get into because they are personal, SE is my mobilizing function. In MBTI it is my pressure release valve. and @Jennifer is right about it being somewhat rude to randomly type people without them asking. I didn't freak out at you by the way, I was simply trying to enlighten you as to why I could not possibly be what you suggested given the analytical facts.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If EcK ever claimed he's ENTP because some "professional" told him so, I'd think someone hacked his account.
    Do professional exotic masseuses count ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi to you, too, Eck.

*snuggles the bear*
    You know bestiality is illegal in most countries right?

interesting side note: it's actually legal in countries such as
    It is legal in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Cambodia, Thailand, Japan, Russia, Finland (...)

Japan,.. that would explain about the tentacle monster obsession. As seen on the show Man Seeking Woman and such.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It's interesting re-reading the thread how somethings in the OP were misconstrued. Looking at what I had written, there didn't seem to be much of a value judgement on my part as to whether the present state of affairs were necessarily better or worse--they were just different. It was more noting a trade off than saying that the change that had occurred was for the worst.

What I'm recognizing now is that the change was not because of any one particular group here. The state of the forum and how we experience it is essentially our own choice. I wasn't looking for theoretical discussion at the point where I was two years ago, I was looking to shoot the shit, and so I did.

Oddly enough, the work I've done professionally has given me more opportunity to study online communities and social networks at a greater depth in the past year, and there's a lot of great literature out there on the subject. Basically, TypoC is an older community. It's at a stage where it's gone through a couple of user cohorts that have participated in the site and moved on, and is now basically at a lull where either new members are actively attracted to reinvigorate the culture or it will continue to taper off as it has been.

I've admittedly been in and out over the years, and am just coming back from almost a year long hiatus. I know there's a lot of folks that I don't know who are posting, and frankly, I'm glad for that. It's as it should be. I know that @highlander takes a lot of grief for the changes that he's been making around here, but frankly it's exactly what needs to be done if this place is going to remain vital. The site has to grow, evolve and remain relevant, and not just a mausoleum to the "good ol' days".

To me, there should always be an understanding of how the mission of the platform is defined--what are we really trying to accomplish here, and what value are we really creating for our users? How are we executing on our understanding of that mission, and what do we have in place to make sure that people are really being enriched by their experience? What are the difference in needs for someone like me who's been here for years as oppose to someone who's just trying to get a hang of things, and what can be implemented to engage both? To some extent, having gotten more exposure to tech and what it takes to foster a virtual social space of any sort, this place is kind of a miracle to me. I mean, people spend hours on this site every single day just hanging out, and the churn cycle is measured in months or years rather than days. That's straight up unicorn-level from the perspective of metrics. I know some startups that would kill to have the kind of retention numbers this place must have, and that there's been no attempt to monetize off that user base beyond token donations? That's either some Ghandi or Forest Gump shit there.

Either way, suffice to say, I'm mostly just grateful to be apart of a place like this. There's a lot of terrible places in the virtual world, and this site has managed to be bright, safe spot for a lot of folks who need it. People make friends here. Fall in love here. Get married here. That's at once awesome and depressingly rare in the online world.

Anyways, I'm not sure how to answer your question, entropic. Obviously I could quibble at the margins about this aspect of UX or that, but I'm at a point where it's like, damn, it's all so fucking decent, you know? You see enough and you stop shitting on the wholesome things when you find them, I guess lol.
    I'm not entirely sure. I haven't been here enough to make any judgement calls about the situation either way. I was here for a brief time, took a year hiatus, now I'm temporarily back due to not having any other place to hangout at, mostly. This place did always strike me as more of a feeler place though, I think, by and large. There isn't much theoretical discussion though there used to be more about a year ago, but I also think the forum was more active a year ago. The state seems more similar to how Bleach Asylum used to be when I was active there.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!