User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    NFPs screw everything up!

I've had people tell me the change is because only douchebags are active on the forum. Well maybe it wasn't those exact words. And it was more that the non-douchebags left.

Which obviously explains why I'm here.
    Who am I? Why am I here? Are you me? Where do there start and here begin? Do weewee?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yeah, the NT/NF ratio used to be more balanced. The forum has gotten more personal and less theoretical. Less focused on objective knowledge, but somehow more ''meaningful'', if you will. Which is probably what keeps me active, but I don't know whether my impression of the forum would be as good as it was back then.

MBTI
    INFP

This forum started out as mostly INTP/INFP. They all come over from INTPc. It was a haven for the unwanted feelers.

I love the topic of how this forum has changed. A couple years ago we had a Meta Forum thread... it was fun.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    It struck me the other day that there were only 6 active ENTJs on the site at this point. I have a pretty good idea of why that is, but it's still kind of lame. There used to be a lot more ENTs around generally, actually. It was interesting coming back after a long hiatus from the forums and seeing how the dynamics had changed with a shift from a more NT dominated space to one which is apparently more NF (specifically NFP) centered. The enviornment is a lot more...personal, maybe? At the same time people seem to joke around less, discussion content is less theory-driven, and the arguments that do occur seem to be more clashes between personalities rather than clashes between ideas. I feel if I had come here now looking to learn more about theory in the way I had wanted two years ago, Id be harder pressed to do so. On the other hand, Ive established more meaningful relationships with others on the forum this time around than I did last time I was on the forums regularly. Perhaps it's just where Im at personally, but I think theres definitely been an evolution in the kind of experience the forum provides.

Anyways. Yeah. Random thought.

You do occasionally have that ISTJ Klingon Warrior Princess thing happening. It takes a bit of closer inspection to see the fluffy.
    I've seen ENTJ's on other forums active for almost 7 years which clearly demonstrates they are not entj's...an entj would most likely not be active on a site for 7 years...a forum site...keyword EXTROVERT! The only reason an entj comes on a forum is because they are studying and getting bored or something....eventually the novelty, experiment ways off them...and they move on to conquering their work/life. So what that means is that ENTJ's are not a good metric for forum populations, they are not a good statistic of the sample because they are the mbti type least likely to be on any forum...

A good metric would be infj, infp, or intp, and intj.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I've seen ENTJ's on other forums active for almost 7 years which clearly demonstrates they are not entj's...an entj would most likely not be active on a site for 7 years...a forum site...keyword EXTROVERT! The only reason an entj comes on a forum is because they are studying and getting bored or something....eventually the novelty, experiment ways off them...and they move on to conquering their work/life. So what that means is that ENTJ's are not a good metric for forum populations, they are not a good statistic of the sample because they are the mbti type least likely to be on any forum...

A good metric would be infj, infp, or intp, and intj.
    Why do you suggest extroverts wont be online?

Its seems the logical thing for extroverts to be online, even addicted to online forums, if their options offline are limited.

Its a fact that extroverts are more interested in social outlets and connections than introverts and will be bothered by their abscence and lack to the point of tolerating even shitty connections or outlets for a while but eventually that's not going to cut it and an empty house is better than a bad tenant.

That sort of logic is a little like the logic, which I've heard before too, that goes something like "you're single? How can you pretend you're an extrovert if you're single?", there's some sort of a confusion of the drive with the outcome.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Why do you suggest extroverts wont be online?

Its seems the logical thing for extroverts to be online, even addicted to online forums, if their options offline are limited.

Its a fact that extroverts are more interested in social outlets and connections than introverts and will be bothered by their abscence and lack to the point of tolerating even shitty connections or outlets for a while but eventually that's not going to cut it and an empty house is better than a bad tenant.

That sort of logic is a little like the logic, which I've heard before too, that goes something like "you're single? How can you pretend you're an extrovert if you're single?", there's some sort of a confusion of the drive with the outcome.
    This particular type of extrovert is a planner and tends towards ambition. He or she will allot time to forums but it will never be the centerpiece of their existence unless there is an exception, and exceptions prove the ruler.

In this case the exception is that the forum is his or her ambition.

For the thinker, a forum is always, as you said, the product of limitation. It is always ideal to speak a thought rather than to write it since much more is lost in translation in the form of writing than speaking, since we can speak until we can clarify, we can only type until our fingers hurt or we get carpal tunnel.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    This particular type of extrovert is a planner and tends towards ambition. He or she will allot time to forums but it will never be the centerpiece of their existence unless there is an exception, and exceptions prove the ruler.

In this case the exception is that the forum is his or her ambition.

For the thinker, a forum is always, as you said, the product of limitation. It is always ideal to speak a thought rather than to write it since much more is lost in translation in the form of writing than speaking, since we can speak until we can clarify, we can only type until our fingers hurt or we get carpal tunnel.
    You know, you always struck me as much more of an ESFP than an ENTJ. I'd suspected this for the longest time but couldn't find anywhere to bring this up.

I could see Gamma values in the mix leading you to your present conclusion. Maybe you'd benefit from a look at this.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    You know, you always struck me as much more of an ESFP than an ENTJ. I'd suspected this for the longest time but couldn't find anywhere to bring this up.

I could see Gamma values in the mix leading you to your present conclusion. Maybe you'd benefit from a look at this.
    I don't take offense to people typing me at all but of all the functions it is TE that I inhabit and wear like a pair of sweatpants in winter season. Besides I was typed by a professional and since I am TE dominant, will not entertain any amateur hobbyist's view or random person on the internet (not that is who you are) over someone who has 40 years of experience and is a Jungian himself.

If you must know...the social hierarchy is TE. So if you make choices based on that hierarchy you are TE dominant or auxiliary.

But as I said, mbti is limited, the four fold structure applies but some have a 5, 6, 7, or 8 fold structure...in truth I use all 8 functions. This is probably why people are always typing me something different.

Some type me entj, some entp, some esfp, some infj, some intp, some intj, some istj, some istp...etc...I've been typed everything at-least once, the one I get the most on other forums is infj but I am clearly not an infj.
    it was open
    -the end"

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

just read that description....doesn't describe me at all....

First, I am a thinker...my job requires detailed analysis and scheduled thinking, more so than any other job you could imagine. When I am done working, I sit back and read classic literature and analyze the themes to learn more about people and how they think and feel, to increase my empathy, so I can rise on the corporate latter.

Second, I am one with a deep intuition, as I said, I tend to anticipate and win usually always when it comes to school (highest gpa in college and highschool) and in anything involving the mind and the long run (the tortoise always beats the hair).

Third, I am working with details and an extroverted sensor. I run a 5 minute mile and I am 30. I can do 40 pullups and 50 pushups back to back and I work with thousands of details every day, in fact my profession has more details than any other.

Three days ago I prepared over 400 source documents in two hours, and then assimilated sum totals into the presentation of an excel sheet, into 40, and formatted them all in less 30 minutes using a vba script I programmed over lunch.

Thirdly, I am fi inferior.

Again, I'm not justifying it to you I am trying to educate you as to why your opinion was radically off.

My friend, do not be crushed by the light of my brain - it is powerful.

"NAPOLEONs successfully work as psychologists, journalists, sport trainers, commentators, television hosts. They excellently handle the representative functions, heading a small firm, especially, if some logical type works as a right-hand man with him, who is able to make reliable and accurate prognoses for business situations."

You see my friend, I am the logical type that makes the prognoses, not the one who speaks in front of others....not the journalist, but the commander and chief, the head hancho, the boss, the final stomper, and the main bopper.

I even read that page you posted and wrote this response in less than 100 seconds.
    it was open
    -the end"

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

also, just out of curiosity, when did you first read about mbti...I want to know how wet behind the ears you are. Excuse the figure of speech if it sounds offensive. It shouldn't be. Perhaps I can paint a clearer picture for you as to why you have erred know how recently you've learned the theory.
    it was open
    -the end"