User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Permabanned

So, I woke up after posting a really weird update on fb. I was late, as usual, but I somehow caught the bus. A girl I almost asked out once was on it. It was't awkward though. We get off at the same stop and I'm again struck by her beauty. We get to the same elevator, and she goes in, and I follow her. At this point I'm wondering if she thinks I'm stalking her. I'm just going where I need to go. Anyway, I'm thinking I should say something, but I can't decide if her name is Christine or Christie.

Eventually, she manages not to pre-follow me...and I'm relieved.

Thought about stopping at Starbucks after that whole fiasco, but it's like five bucks for a coffee.

I might bend, though, later in the day.

I live an interesting life...not really.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I was driving down the road home for lunch today and I thought to myself at a stop light, wouldn't it be funny if Fireshield98 was a chatbot and everybody has been duped into responding to it for thousands of posts? Before I could laugh it off the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Then my jaw went slack in the demand for deep thought. I tried to recall any indication that he was not an algorithmic artificial obsessor. Then the light turned green, I laughed to myself and put the matter out of my head.
    I find it sad I can relate to this.

Anew Leaf

This thread has great potential to change lives and perhaps the world.

Last week the phone rang at my business. I picked up a phone and first inspected the caller id, as is my wont. I was alarmed to discover that the phone number that was calling my business line was, in fact, my business line's number. I answered, but no one was there. I am not sure what possibility was more alarming: no one or someone.

I decided to go and get salad today for lunch. I was momentarily thrilled at the fact that they had put fresh edamame out. There is no sorrow greater than the sorrow of wilted edamame.

The woman who rang me at the store for my salad, complimented my shirt. My immediate thought was, why is she sucking up to me? My second thought was, I need to stop reading Uber's blog.

My volunteering project got canceled tonight due to a stormy forecast. I am disappointed to not hang out with my ENFP friend, but I am thrilled because now I am FreeRange Me.

The End for all other details about my life are far from mundane.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I went to buy a kindle charging cord but instead spent a bunch of money at Walmart and didn't get a cord. When I got home I realized that my kid's phone cords work with the kindle.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Last week the phone rang at my business. I picked up a phone and first inspected the caller id, as is my wont. I was alarmed to discover that the phone number that was calling my business line was, in fact, my business line's number. I answered, but no one was there. I am not sure what possibility was more alarming: no one or someone.
    Whaaaa? This is totally creepy!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I went out to the marsh today in hopes of seeing a rare bird that had been reported there yesterday, but it wasn't there. Spent the next hour or so calf-deep in the mud photographing herons. Vibrams were a good choice of shoe today.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I came out of the morning meeting everyone seemed alright, no one being miserable, someone said hey to me as I walked past them on the way to the car which I dont usually expect to speak to me, I was in good spirits and went to a restaurant and ate some budget but good fish and chips for lunch. And a large glass of diet pepsi.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I had a translation project to turn in today, actually meant to hand it in yestarday and feel proud for being early, but I couldn't concentrate all day, so never mind. Woke up with two cats in my bed, hit the snooze button several times, got up. Went to the sofa, turned on the laptop, switched ion the tv. I have recently turned it into a routine to watch the same programs on public tv while I (sometimes) have breakfast and slowly get working.

Also, I am spenfing waaaaay too much time on the forum, it's a major distraction, not just from work!

It's four different files that need translating. I start out very slowly, very easily distracted both by tv and the internet (but I need to have the browser open for reference purposes, online dictionaries, etc. The files are documents on food import into the US. I grin when I read that employees (in this case those of a Scandinavian fish company) are supposed to be trained to "recognize internal conspiracies" in their company as a counterterrorist measure. The customer I am translating for has an underemployed trainee who proofreads everything I write. Half f what she marks as potential errors is perfectly ok, the other half are typos I miss - and I miss a lot of them. The customer never complained and is very polite, but I am afraid they might consider me incompetent. We have been working together for years and only since that intern started going through my translations have they been coming back to me with questions on every single work I do. It makes me very nervous. In the afternoon I am finally done with the translation and click the send button. I am basically waiting for them to come back with a comment, but I get no reply at all. So I might get woken up by a phone call tomorrow morning once their intern is done pointing out embarassing errors and misunderstanding what I wrote (she's not a native speaker of either the original or the target language of the translation), sometimes the boss himself asks about vcertain words or phrases. He's nice, but not a translator and it is sometimes hard to debate with him, so I usually offer alternatives phrasings without aditting fault and everybody is happy. They calculate extra time for proofreading anyway and this is pretty routine, I'm telling myself, they do that with everybody.

Meanwhile I have received a nonbinding inquiry if I would be willing to interpret an 8 week long workshop for some American chemical engineer in the region. I'd have to go to a neighboring ton for half a day every work dayx for 8 weeks, not sure when I would get payed, as that could mean 2 months without other work to fall back on, I can't wait 2 months plus anouther one or two for processing without receiving any money! I don't have any savings! But it could solve most if not all of my financial problems. Not sure if this will work out or if the end client decides they don't need an interpreter after all, it wouldn't be the first time.
    Also, I get an emergency mail, there is an urgent contract that has to be translated by friday morning, it is so long that it has to be split up between 3 or 4 translators, I agree to do a part of it - a little over ten pages.

The apartment is directly under the roof of an old house, so it gets very hot in the summer. It's 33 degreed Celsius outside, I had almost all the windows in the apartment covered with curtains and towels as best I could.

Once it is clear I won't get any further mails from a customer because offices are closing I take the bus downtown to meet with the boyfriend who just had a written´exam on Japanese history. We go to the supermarket to do some grocery shopping for dinner - he announced yesterday that he would fix me some fish tonight - and it is incredibly full. i have spend most of the day alone at home, but the heat, the noise and all those horrible people around me yelling and chatting away are driving me crazy...I only want to get home asap.

We take the bus home and observe a US Army Blackhawk helicopter circeling over my neighbourhood. There is an army base nearby, so it is easy to explain, but it leads to a short discussion on how this sometimes feels like in an occupied country even though these are friends and allies exercising in out air space. According to a map I saw a few years ago there is no country outside the US with more US military bases than Germany. I love Americans, but getting stared at in a hostile manner by young muscular men with a rifle in their hand on the way to the restaurant feels intimidating.

Anyway, back home we open all the windows to let some fresh air in, feed the cats, watch the news and comment on a recent decision of the constitutional court. The cats are playinga round on the window sill and I take some more B&W photos of them - again!

Mad Hatter has been frying the fish and cooking some rice and we're about to have dinner now as soon as he returns from his smoking break.

Wow, that was long!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I saw some guy with one shoe yelling, "WHERE'S SCOOBY!?" He proceed to get down on all fours (hands and feet, not knees) and run around barking and growling.

Crack.
    ( . )( . )

That's what I miss, not working downtown anymore: crackheads. Crackheads and bums trying to hustle me for spare change.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

EDIT: Oh, but I don't miss walking through the underpass on 8th Street at 9th Avenue. Especially in the summer, when the heat and humidity made the smell of excrement even stronger than normal.