User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Contemplated deep thoughts all day long, I'm going to have difficulty down shifting in order to go back to work when my annual leave is over week after next. Spent time with my parents, one of whom only actually "saw" as being old for the first time at the end of last week, this was a pretty jarring experience, one of many that day.

Kind of like if you hear someone sound a horn and you break suddenly just to realise that you've not been driving a car at all but you're an air line pilot or something, I'm pretty reflective and try to consciously break myself out of scripts or games which can lead to time lags or lapses in which I'm not really living, just repeating and killing time. I imagine its a hell of a lot worse thing to experience if you're not this sort of person and just wake up to yourself with a WTF ten years or more have passed and what?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Woke up.
    Ate cookies.
    Baked a bit.
    Went back to bed and watched a comedy routine.
    Got back up.
    Went for a walk.
    Smoked.
    Came back, took a shower + other bathroom stuff.
    Sitting on couch, posting on forums.
    About to go get something to eat.
    Eat.
    Call a few friends.
    And that'll be that, who knows what after?
    I'm jealous of your day, in fact I am jealous of a lot of the posts in this thread, supposedly mundanity and all.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Yesterday I...

Did some more bird banding (37 birds to be exact).
    Extracted a silver-haired bat out of the mist nets (twice).
    Learned how to remove a badly crimped band with wire.
    Went home and studied by looking at spread wing photos.

Today I have a job interview at a camera store.

On Friday I wrote a draft copy of a design report for renovations at a community centre about 7 km (4.5 miles) from my office. This morning my boss read it and we talked about its contents. The first thing he said was "This is a great report," which is nice. I never got positive feedback at my old job. It was especially needed today: I came about this -->| |<-- close to qutting on Friday.

I'm going back through it, refining some of the technical details, grammar and formatting. I think it's pretty much ready to go, except I haven't written a conclusion yet.

I'm trying to pick a new rooftop unit for this job from Carrier. I need one of these: http://www.commercial.carrier.com/co...RD1625,00.html

Hopefully I can find one with a horizontal discharge; the old one we're replacing is horizontal discharge. Unfortunately the ductwork on the roof has become a safe haven for pigeons but I don't think replacing the unit with a vertical discharge will help, necessarily. I'd hate to recommend they go to the trouble of making changes to fit a downward discharge unit only to still have pigeon problems. Oh well, I'm not working for a pest control company.

My grandparents called me yesterday, asking if I'd come by and look at their inoperative treadmill. I think I might go tonight just to get it out of the way. I feel bad for feeling like seeing them is something that needs "getting out of the way"; I used to visit my grandparents quite often when I was younger, and I feel like they need more family support than ever. Frankly I'm worn out. Between dealing with my parents' ongoing problems and dealing with other random family maladies (an uncle got pneumonia a three weeks ago, he's still recuperating; my aunt, his sister, whom he lives with, injured her ankle and can't drive so she needs to be driven to work, to doctor's appointments, to get groceries, etc.) I'm just... tired. I'm spent. I come home from work feeling exhausted from work, and then because there's just more family-work waiting for me there's no rest. No time off. I'm trying to do the right thing but fuck I'm tired. I understand why my sister moved to another country...

I'm tempted to buy my parents' house from them. I like the area and I think the house has all sorts of potential. Neither of them really gives a damn about maintaining let alone improving the place, and they've joked in the past that I should buy it out and kick them out. More and more I've been thinking I should explore making it a reality. I'm wary of taking on that much debt though; I'd guess I'd need a mortgage in the neighbourhood of $280,000, which is not unmanageable, but a lot on one income.

First thing I'd do is paint the front door red, I think.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Went to starbucks today and got coffee.

Also I tried a pickled egg for the first time today, I could eat a lot of those.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Well today I have been irritated by the lil white things all over the black bars on this forum while using my phone and I can't find the complain thread so I decided to do it here.

Complain complain complain! I can't see the new posts option :/

Also I would very much like to know why my phone likes to change the word so to do. Like every single time! So is a word!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I got rained on, almost had a closing fall through twice, and my clients forgot to bring a certified check to the deal so I don't get paid till tomorrow.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Banding got rained out. Just got a delivery notice for a parcel, but I haven't ordered anything lately. I shall find out what it is tomorrow.

MBTI
    ISTP

I browsed through a bunch of depressing internet sites trying to remind myself of what I have to be thankful for. Not having herpes is certainly at the top of the list.

Then I felt bad for wasting time so I finished a job I'd been putting off for many weeks. It took less than an hour, as these things often do.

Nobody bothered me so it was a good day overall.

Anew Leaf

I just cleaned my entire house and it shines with clean glory.

Then I was traveling from the kitchen to the dining room with a bowl of dinner and knocked my fork off the bowl onto the floor. I now have quinoa bits everywhere.

My vacuum is on another floor and my head just can't wrap itself around this moment... "BUT IT WASSSSSSSSSS CLEAN!"

Sometimes I wonder about my reading comprehension skills when it comes to reality.