User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Apologies if I'm imposing with a hug and whatnot, but I have the same feels, sometimes.

On my personal experience with self-loathing after emotional hurricanes:

I feel most guilty because I feel like I let go, didn't carry it out properly, acted immaturely, on impulse, and didn't let myself think it through. It's also incredibly embarrassing. But depending on what it is that I get emotional about, I can think it's okay, if only because it means that I've accepted how important and real and sad whatever it is I'm thinking about really is.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I understand self loathing... I do not understand the whole emotions thing... I can't even remember the last time I cried

but then again, everyone's human and weirdness is to be expected... why bother getting down about it when you can just move on to the next thing? the past is done
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Why? That happens to me too, regardless of whether I actually do or say anything crazy. I'm not quite sure the reason, but I think it has to do with the fact that I talk more. I don't drink very much as a result.

Because losing control of my facilities makes me question how in control of my life I am. It brings up a thousand existential questions and I want to break down and die.

It goes away with my hangover, which typically lingers for about a day or two.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post

Apologies if I'm imposing with a hug and whatnot, but I have the same feels, sometimes.

On my personal experience with self-loathing after emotional hurricanes:

I feel most guilty because I feel like I let go, didn't carry it out properly, acted immaturely, on impulse, and didn't let myself think it through. It's also incredibly embarrassing. But depending on what it is that I get emotional about, I can think it's okay, if only because it means that I've accepted how important and real and sad whatever it is I'm thinking about really is.
    This sounds all too familiar. You're not alone!

I think a lot of it is linked to my perfectionism, trying to be perfect, (even if my rational side knows that's a futile endeavor), and when I have an emotional burst I am ashamed of myself for not keeping it under control.

WALMART

I think a lot of it is linked to my perfectionism, trying to be perfect, (even if my rational side knows that's a futile endeavor), and when I have an emotional burst I am ashamed of myself for not keeping it under control.

I would agree with your assessment. Emotions are for the "weak"?

WALMART

ReflecTcelfeR

Self-loathing towards yourself for having that emotion is only justified if the emotion was rational. Of course sometimes people are just emotional and slack should be given, as we are all too emotional sometimes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

This happens to me sometimes, usually after making a bad decision which I would not have made had I not been in an emotionally intense state.
    Last edited by Tyrinth; 07-22-2012 at 12:00 PM.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I have always been deeply emotional and sensitive, but at the same time highly logical and rational, so I think that latter part of me tends to despise the former, perhaps thinking it "weak". It is odd because it is a very subconscious dynamic seeing as how consciously I see great value in my emotional side.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    Self-loathing towards yourself for having that emotion is only justified if the emotion was rational. Of course sometimes people are just emotional and slack should be given, as we are all too emotional sometimes.
    That's interesting. I do find I am highly critical of my emotions, almost paranoid that they are not rational, constantly second-guessing myself. Do you really think we are all too emotional sometimes? I want to believe that, but everyone else seems to hide it so well. Why are we all hiding it if it's such a commonality?