User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I feel that whatever level you're at you'd always feel that way. There is no peak, the way you are framing it there has to be some level you can get where no one is above you. It doesn't seem to me that anyone would reach that, even if it was definable. Plus, there is always the mix of talents to take into account, success is an individual thing.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I believe I have said it before, but the worst position I could imagine myself to be in, is if I were to achieve omnipotence.

GAME OVER!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I believe I have said it before, but the worst position I could imagine myself to be in, is if I were to achieve omnipotence.

GAME OVER!
    LEVEL 2!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I feel that whatever level you're at you'd always feel that way. There is no peak, the way you are framing it there has to be some level you can get where no one is above you. It doesn't seem to me that anyone would reach that, even if it was definable. Plus, there is always the mix of talents to take into account, success is an individual thing.
    I dont understand what you mean.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

In some ways being slightly above average can be advantageous, even more so than extremely gifted. Not only are you less likely to be ostacized by society but I think in some ways the extraordinarily gifted are less successful in society because first, they have more trouble selling their ideas because they tend to go way above others heads. Just because you have a higher IQ doesn't make you more successful since success in life also depends on other smarts like people smarts. If you're extremely gifted you may have trouble communicating with someone of average IQ due to the large difference. This may make it more difficult for the extremely intelligent to succeed in the workplace. Some who is slightly above average may have an easier time in this regard.

You could make the argument either way. It depends on how you look at it.

You could argue that people at the lowest levels of intelligence are in the most difficult position for obvious reasons but if your intelligence is so low that you don't fully understand your predicament, then you remain blissfully unaware and suffer less misery.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    LEVEL 2!
    If that was the case, it would not be true omnipotence, would it?

Nope, it definately is GAME OVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    In some ways being slightly above average can be advantageous, even more so than extremely gifted. Not only are you less likely to be ostacized by society but I think in some ways the extraordinarily gifted are less successful in society because first, they have more trouble selling their ideas because they tend to go way above others heads. Just because you have a higher IQ doesn't make you more successful since success in life also depends on other smarts like people smarts. If you're extremely gifted you may have trouble communicating with someone of average IQ due to the large difference. This may make it more difficult for the extremely intelligent to succeed in the workplace. Some who is slightly above average may have an easier time in this regard.

You could make the argument either way. It depends on how you look at it.

You could argue that people at the lowest levels of intelligence are in the most difficult position for obvious reasons but if your intelligence is so low that you don't fully understand your predicament, then you remain blissfully unaware and suffer less misery.
    Ah someone is putting some thought into this. I like that.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    If that was the case, it would not be true omnipotence, would it?

Nope, it definately is GAME OVER!
    CONTINUE?

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

CONTINUE?
    Maybe: (press R) REPLAY?

I dont understand what you mean.
    I feel that regardless of where you sit intellectually you'd feel that way. I also feel that what people have to offer the world is more than can be defined by intellect. Those are my main two points.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

intelligence doesn't really matter. It's what you do with what you got. This is true for everyone except politicians, mobsters and cartels.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz