First 12

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I can only tell you what wrong means to me and not weather you are it or not, though going by past experience i'd say you are not "wrong" frequently- by my own standards/values

I think also, it may be more important to work out what your own wrong and right are... if you live by those then it will not bother you so much what others think of you.

Take a deep breath...ok
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Ok, serious answer:
    Most people usually won't tell you that you're doing things right, they'll just bother informing you when you're doing it wrong. Therefore, if you focus solely on the verbal feedback you receive, you are going to get disappointed with the balance.
    Yeah I think perhaps this is an issue for me.

It's a sad fact that no matter how independent of opinions you are, if enough people are against you it will make life difficult. Unfortunately independence seems to be a product of false premises.

If you truely dont care about something then there will be no reaction internally or externally whatsoever; it simply would not register. When people are telling you not to care, they are trying to induce a pretence of something that you are not geared towards so that instead of being solved it is buried down and causes problems in the unconscious instead.

No matter how strong willed you are, if someone says or does something which insults or affects you with it's content, you cannot escape it...it has already had the desired effect and will influence your actions determinism style.

Therefore my goal is to somehow break this cycle of automatic influence and then maybe this 'individuality' everyone talks about shall become apparant....or not.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

What would you dislike being done to you?

Whatever your answer is to that.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

ReflecTcelfeR

Stop trying to be right.

If you are wrong, and they say you are wrong, then you say "No, I am right, because I was trying to be wrong." You are no longer wrong. Of course we'd hope you know how to be right.

On the other hand I notice I am wrong when I try to shake up a perspective. So I am wrong because I am not at that same point on the continuum, but I am right on another so truthfully it is very difficult to be wrong.

Good answers....well I dont understand half of them, but still good.....I think.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    The generally accepted ratio is 5 compliments to 1 criticism, that makes us feel OK. Maybe your ratio right now is less @AffirmitiveAnxiety?
    I always found it interesting you can go too high as well. 13 to 1.

As far as wrong goes, there are two types of wrong. Objective wrong and subjective wrong. If you say an orange is blue you're wrong. If you say I'd like to someday grow genetically engineered blue oranges then you could be wrong or right. Depending on your viewpoint... of various factors.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I always found it interesting you can go too high as well. 13 to 1.

As far as wrong goes, there are two types of wrong. Objective wrong and subjective wrong. If you say an orange is blue you're wrong. If you say I'd like to someday grow genetically engineered blue oranges then you could be wrong or right. Depending on your viewpoint... of various factors.
    Good point. Another one for subjectivity is that the colour of the orange is only that colour because our eyes report it to be such. If we saw in a different spectrum of light it may not appear to be orange at all. Perhaps then it might be called a yellow or a purple.

- A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Good point. Another one for subjectivity is that the colour of the orange is only that colour because our eyes report it to be such. If we saw in a different spectrum of light it may not appear to be orange at all. Perhaps then it might be called a yellow or a purple.
    That's true. It is probably a good idea to follow that general agreements on things are true, even if there are exceptions. For example, If you say an orange is yellow or purple it could only confuse people. Even if it were true on some level. It is better imo to keep right and wrong to a more individual subjective level. Better, or easier.