User Tag List

First 456

Thread: quantum theory

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    basically how it would work is that you can basically store unlimited amounts of information, have a library that can store all information people put in it. but there is one fundamental problem on it, you cant search it like you search physical libraries, you cant browse the library. but what at least a while ago seemed to be the only possibility to retrieve information is to ask questions from the library, but the answers to the questions would have to be simple yes or no, either some qbit matches the search or it doesent. but they have found an smart trick to overcome this problem to some degree, which at least works in theory(everything about this is a theory, because we havent been able to build a quantum computer yet, but its still a multi million industry today and there are certain things that should be work and certain that would no way work). basically if you want to search a book from there, you write the title of the book, it gives you all the possible searches that you might be looking for(many qbits say yes to your question), and if you want to limit the amount of search results, you just start writing the start of the book, till only one qbit says yes to this "question" and fills up the rest of the book for you to read(or you could just pick one of the search results it offered).

i think quantum technology is better for storing information, but the future of computing is on biology, which naturally has to incorporate some aspects of quantum mechanics, due to the somewhat new findings in the field of quantum biology, to make the biological computing work properly.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view...antum-cpu-and/

Sometime last year the first commerically available quantum computer was sold to lockheed martin. I believe the name of the company was D-Wave... or something wavey.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    http://www.technologyreview.com/view...antum-cpu-and/

Sometime last year the first commerically available quantum computer was sold to lockheed martin. I believe the name of the company was D-Wave... or something wavey.
    didnt know they already achieved that, but looking at it, that looks more like quantum calculator and doesent seem to work properly. it seems like they just used superconductors to call it a quantum computer. also looking at the article and the pdf it was written from, it seems like they could only use 0, 1 and 0/1 bits, giving it only 1 extra bit over traditional computer. the real thing that people have been trying to achieve is where you can give a value for the bit between zero and one, so that its not just 0+1 at the same time, but could differentiate 0.34242424242335464567547658656432535436546 from 0.999239293283829392839283928392323 from 0.1111111, from 0 from 1 and basically have infinitely long(and infinite amount of) value numbers, which are just one bit large.

this is more what im talking about: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-2...mputer/3972832
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    c. The universe is splitting, every Planck-time (10 E-43 seconds) into billions of parallel universes.:horor:[/I][/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    It's not that all states exist at once. All states don't occur. Only the states reality produce are what exists, the rest were merely quantic potentials. They are not parallel universes, they are not alternate timelines, they are simply past potential states of matter that failed to derive.

I'm really not much a fan of parallel universes and such, because I have seen the rational alternative. But like they say, the wise man knows he knows nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Ok I just assume that most who are interested and buy into the ideas of QP are believers of Parallel worlds theory?!
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I know what you're saying Jon However, what if the old lady was right? I believe that being of indeterminable quantum structure is us. This is just one slice of multidimensional space. Imo, such a concept is limiting and useless to infinite -being-. Perhaps schwarzchild's radii fluctuate? Suppose MULTIPLE big bangs occurred, what would that look like? Supposing particles are infinite series subpatterns that approach discrete limits? Suppose retrocausality is true? Suppose the big bang was a while hole of a larger universe? ALL of these are real physical possibilities, but it seems like the physics community has become stagnant and doesn't deal with these sort of questions because they're afraid of humanity returning to the mysticism of its past. Perhaps to have any advancement in science we need to be thinking inductively more.
    I think people are thinking of these "parallel" universes in spatial terms, but their displacement from each other is not space. (Which is basically a medium that is completely commutative, meaning you can freely move back and forth between points, and thus be able to say "all these objects I see exist at once"; and these parallel states obviously are not accessible to us like that). The medium is basically as different from space as time is, and so I think it should be treated as a third continuum: http://www.erictb.info/chance.html

This might even figure in the equations, like those counting numbers of dimensions. It's usually one as time, and the rest as space; maybe on the Planck level, some of them are this new continuum, "chance", and it would figure in concepts such as "uncertainty".
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I think people are thinking of these "parallel" universes in spatial terms, but their displacement from each other is not space. (Which is basically a medium that is completely commutative, meaning you can freely move back and forth between points, and thus be able to say "all these objects I see exist at once"; and these parallel states obviously are not accessible to us like that). The medium is basically as different from space as time is, and so I think it should be treated as a third continuum: http://www.erictb.info/chance.html

This might even figure in the equations, like those counting numbers of dimensions. It's usually one as time, and the rest as space; maybe on the Planck level, some of them are this new continuum, "chance", and it would figure in concepts such as "uncertainty".
    I do not believe they're commutative, but I do think they're singularly permeable like statistical fluctuations in entropy which "violate" the second law via a Maxwell's demon type scenario. I think a lot of kooky stuff is beginning to be revealed with more research like how kinetic energy can be conserved by displacements of angular momentum. To my mind if some version of m theory is correct events can propogate their probability waves into overlapping adjacent branes by being observed by sensors in the "new" one not of it's origin. I agree that it is a continuum and happens from moment to moment in real time. Perhaps there are phenomena that allow us to tap into probabilisticly similar, but distinct branes. I doubt the subject would be able to observe the variation.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.