User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: quantum theory

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I know what you're saying Jon However, what if the old lady was right? I believe that being of indeterminable quantum structure is us. This is just one slice of multidimensional space. Imo, such a concept is limiting and useless to infinite -being-. Perhaps schwarzchild's radii fluctuate? Suppose MULTIPLE big bangs occurred, what would that look like? Supposing particles are infinite series subpatterns that approach discrete limits? Suppose retrocausality is true? Suppose the big bang was a while hole of a larger universe? ALL of these are real physical possibilities, but it seems like the physics community has become stagnant and doesn't deal with these sort of questions because they're afraid of humanity returning to the mysticism of its past. Perhaps to have any advancement in science we need to be thinking inductively more.
    Agree with your opinion about physcist community and their fears,.. but the good news is that new wave of physicst has began to use mystism and sprituality in an attempt to explian an unexplianbles...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    We're expecting the wrong answers out of QFT when we try to connect it to psycho-spiritual humanistic hopes.

I get your point,.. But frankly the notion of of not having free will does not prevent me from having aspiration and goals..., so I do not think that my perception of QP take on philosophy , is coming from me having a peronal agenda or trying to fulfill a void... or are you suggesting its not possible to apply QP in social siences, philosophy...??
    Sure. Just not in ways practically discernible at this point. My rub is my perception of spiritual desperation tied to the unveiling of QFT in its actual form. I get that it provides electron transparency, but the concept of mind-body dualism shouldn't be tied to the...sublime...identity of QFT.

Just seems cheap. That's all.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    The notion of 'free will' will become increasingly obsolete once nanotechnology is available. Nanobots will be able to piggyback/tandem ride with individual neurons and give us the mathematical data we will need to map neural behavior, relative to what the body is seeking to accomplish. Getting a glass of water. Waving goodbye. Smiling.

Computational studies will eliminate free will as an extension of some greater spiritual presence and reveal our consciousness as simply a chemical expression of neural behavior, limited by the speed of our carbon-based processing and evolved over time based on hereditary inheritance.

Saying it will become obsolete is awfully subjective, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, I believe one hundred percent the brain's operations are largely a result of chemical expression.

But the mind's eye.... something else is going on. In my opinion. I'm no neurophysicist, I'm unfortunately bound to books written for the layman like me. So I suppose we'll have to wait and see =)

Enneagram
    4w5

Sure. Just not in ways practically discernible at this point. My rub is my perception of spiritual desperation tied to the unveiling of QFT in its actual form. I get that it provides electron transparency, but the concept of mind-body dualism shouldn't be tied to the...sublime...identity of QFT.

Just seems cheap. That's all.
    Cool expliantion..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Cool expliantion..

Thanks. I am glad I was asked. In answering the question, I was able to expunge some latent frustration I've had with base philosophy (forgive me) trespassing on one of the most exciting fields of study. Seems more a distraction by concentrating on human emotional insecurities at the expense of discussion over the building block-behavior of our fundamental reality. Like asking Lawrence Krauss to talk about Miley Cyrus. Just a waste of good airspace.

That said, it's unfair of me to force conversation. I have no greater entitlement than anyone, and if the discussion leads toward philosophical questions v. speculative hypothesis, so be it..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Saying it will become obsolete is awfully subjective, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, I believe one hundred percent the brain's operations are largely a result of chemical expression.

But the mind's eye.... something else is going on. In my opinion. I'm no neurophysicist, I'm unfortunately bound to books written for the layman like me. So I suppose we'll have to wait and see =)
    Free Will has survived because of its subjectivity. Rotating expectations for positive affirmation of some...ideological spiritual buoy hidden underneath the human condition...is going to be around far longer than it should. But, perhaps we should continue to dig.

I don't know what you mean by the 'mind's eye'? Are you referring to intuition, as it applies to cognitive theory? If so, the mind's eye is simply subconscious data collection and subject material confirmation aside from what our brains are primarily focusing on at that moment. Think of it like seeing a mouse from the corner of your vision. It's peripheral analysis.

Perhaps I am mistaken in my presumption of your term. If so, please let me know..

WALMART

Thanks. I am glad I was asked. In answering the question, I was able to expunge some latent frustration I've had with base philosophy (forgive me) trespassing on one of the most exciting fields of study. Seems more a distraction by concentrating on human emotional insecurities at the expense of discussion over the building block-behavior of our fundamental reality. Like asking Lawrence Krauss to talk about Miley Cyrus. Just a waste of good airspace.

That said, it's unfair of me to force conversation. I have no greater entitlement than anyone, and if the discussion leads toward philosophical questions v. speculative hypothesis, so be it..

I'm lolling.

Although I am mildly offended by the analogy.

Free Will has survived because of its subjectivity. Rotating expectations for positive affirmation of some...ideological spiritual buoy hidden underneath the human condition...is going to be around far longer than it should. But, perhaps we should continue to dig.

I don't know what you mean by the 'mind's eye'? Are you referring to intuition, as it applies to cognitive theory? If so, the mind's eye is simply subconscious data collection and subject material confirmation aside from what our brains are primarily focusing on at that moment. Think of it like seeing a mouse from the corner of your vision. It's peripheral analysis.

Perhaps I am mistaken in my presumption of your term. If so, please let me know..

mind's eye:

'existing'

i don't know.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I'm lolling.

Although I am mildly offended by the analogy.
    Yeah, that was rude. I need to dial back my investment from the natural idiosyncrasies of this field. The error is mine.

Enneagram
    4w5

There is no reason to apologize,.. I Think we all tend to customize ( perhaps unintentionally) certain difficult theories in a way we can better comprehend them. For example, despite my liking, subject such as physics, chemistry, biology and their theories are more difficult to understand as opposed to social sciences,.. so in attempt to comprehend the later subjects ,I tend to find their implications on humanities...

WALMART

Yeah, that was rude. I need to dial back my investment from the natural idiosyncrasies of this field. The error is mine.

Nah, it was funny. I'm the same way. I also edited that post.