User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: quantum theory

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Yes. Everything that can happen is happening. The only ultimate constraint is the final fate of the universe in which these physical laws hold lease -- ours is likely to be a gradual heat death. The interesting notion about an adjacent/pocket universe is that it is conceivable their physical laws could/will differ from our own - perhaps only as a nuance or maybe as great as introducing a new fundamental property of material expression.

    It's all happening. Always has been.
    Ummmm, I understand its logical implication on paralell worlds... So does that mean there is no such thing as destiney and there can be various results driven from one scanrio... ex. lets say, I am being diagnoised with cancer, so I will exprience all these possible events but in different worlds:
    a. I die
    b. get treatment which prolongs my life span,
    c. I get treatment but is unaffective.....

    Does this liberating or more depressing??

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Jointherobot posted: A philosophical belief of mine is that the universe (or universes) are fated to predetermination... until a being of indeterminable quantum structure can alter said course.

    Ummmm you are killing me. So, in the simple language you believe that if your brian is able to imagine in, grasps it, and gives life to it... THEN... It exists ( in reality)???

  3. #13
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Ummmm, I understand its logical implication of paralell worlds... So does that mean there is no distiney and there can be various results can drived from one scanrio... ex. if I diagnoised with cancer, I exprienced all these events: I die, get treatment which prolongs my life span, I get treatment but is unaffective..... Does this liberating or more depressing??

    It's not that all states exist at once. All states don't occur. Only the states reality produce are what exists, the rest were merely quantic potentials. They are not parallel universes, they are not alternate timelines, they are simply past potential states of matter that failed to derive.

    I'm really not much a fan of parallel universes and such, because I have seen the rational alternative. But like they say, the wise man knows he knows nothing.



    Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Jointherobot posted: A philosophical belief of mine is that the universe (or universes) are fated to predetermination... until a being of indeterminable quantum structure can alter said course.

    Ummmm you are killing me. So, in the simple language you believe that if your brian is able to imagine in, grasps it, and gives life to it... THEN... It exists ( in reality)???

    ^^^^^^


    Those arrows undermined the value of your understanding. Hopefully you read this.

    You are very correct in your interpretation of my philosophy.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Ok I just assume that most who are interested and buy into the ideas of QP are believers of Parallel worlds theory?!






    ^^^^^^[/QUOTE]

  5. #15
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    The relationship between quantum theory and human consciousness is threadwork maintained by our human brains. There is no ultimate relationship to consciousness quantum theory provides, beyond what is also available to all life within our physical universe. Philosophical attachment to quantum theory as the 'truth' behind why we are the way we are is...ultimately extraneous and self-serving.

    Being very honest, the illusion of 'free will' is more an indictment on the inadequacy of our capacity to map and reliably forecast the complex neural algorithms that go into the composition of our consciousness than it is evidence of mind-body dualism, insofar as quantum theory is likely to support.

    We're expecting the wrong answers out of QFT when we try to connect it to psycho-spiritual humanistic hopes..

  6. #16
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    I know what you're saying Jon However, what if the old lady was right? I believe that being of indeterminable quantum structure is us. This is just one slice of multidimensional space. Imo, such a concept is limiting and useless to infinite -being-. Perhaps schwarzchild's radii fluctuate? Suppose MULTIPLE big bangs occurred, what would that look like? Supposing particles are infinite series subpatterns that approach discrete limits? Suppose retrocausality is true? Suppose the big bang was a while hole of a larger universe? ALL of these are real physical possibilities, but it seems like the physics community has become stagnant and doesn't deal with these sort of questions because they're afraid of humanity returning to the mysticism of its past. Perhaps to have any advancement in science we need to be thinking inductively more.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    163

    Default

    We're expecting the wrong answers out of QFT when we try to connect it to psycho-spiritual humanistic hopes.

    I get your point,.. But frankly the notion of of not having free will does not prevent me from having aspiration and goals..., so I do not think that my perception of QP take on philosophy , is coming from me having a peronal agenda or trying to fulfill a void... or are you suggesting its not possible to apply QP in social siences, philosophy...??

  8. #18
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    The relationship between quantum theory and human consciousness is threadwork maintained by our human brains. There is no ultimate relationship to consciousness quantum theory provides, beyond what is also available to all life within our physical universe. Philosophical attachment to quantum theory as the 'truth' behind why we are the way we are is...ultimately extraneous and self-serving.

    Being very honest, the illusion of 'free will' is more an indictment on the inadequacy of our capacity to map and reliably forecast the complex neural algorithms that go into the composition of our consciousness than it is evidence of mind-body dualism, insofar as quantum theory is likely to support.

    We're expecting the wrong answers out of QFT when we try to connect it to psycho-spiritual humanistic hopes..

    Quantum theory is specifically regulated to action of the electron. String theory is part of quantum theory, but it is not indicative of quantum theory.

    Our brains exclusively operate via electron interaction, so why would I not turn to quantum theory to rationalize the universe and man's place in it?


    I'd suppose I'm saying QFT is a scientific fact as much as any other field of study, why not use it as a fact?



    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I know what you're saying Jon However, what if the old lady was right? I believe that being of indeterminable quantum structure is us. This is just one slice of multidimensional space. Imo, such a concept is limiting and useless to infinite -being-. Perhaps schwarzchild's radii fluctuate? Suppose MULTIPLE big bangs occurred, what would that look like? Supposing particles are infinite series subpatterns that approach discrete limits? Suppose retrocausality is true? Suppose the big bang was a while hole of a larger universe? ALL of these are real physical possibilities, but it seems like the physics community has become stagnant and doesn't deal with these sort of questions because they're afraid of humanity returning to the mysticism of its past. Perhaps to have any advancement in science we need to be thinking inductively more.

    Most days I think the old lady was right, lol.

    Yeah, stagnant... you know, somewhere out there in the world locked away tight, there's an idea that's going to blow the lid off this motherfucker...

  9. #19
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    The notion of 'free will' will become increasingly obsolete once nanotechnology is available. Nanobots will be able to piggyback/tandem ride with individual neurons and give us the mathematical data we will need to map neural behavior, relative to what the body is seeking to accomplish. Getting a glass of water. Waving goodbye. Smiling.

    Computational studies will eliminate free will as an extension of some greater spiritual presence and reveal our consciousness as simply a chemical expression of neural behavior, limited by the speed of our carbon-based processing and evolved over time based on hereditary inheritance.

  10. #20
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Quantum theory is specifically regulated to action of the electron. String theory is part of quantum theory, but it is not indicative of quantum theory.

    Our brains exclusively operate via electron interaction, so why would I not turn to quantum theory to rationalize the universe and man's place in it?


    I'd suppose I'm saying QFT is a scientific fact as much as any other field of study, why not use it as a fact?
    I think I may have answered your question with my next response. If not, please feel free..

Similar Threads

  1. Glasser and Choice Theory
    By rivercrow in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 06:42 AM
  2. Music and String Theory
    By wyrdsister in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 09:32 PM
  3. EQSQ Theory and test
    By Sahara in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 05:58 AM
  4. Type Theory vs. Temperament Theory
    By proteanmix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 10:38 PM
  5. The Quantum Soul
    By sundowning in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO