User Tag List

123 Last

Default Living or just killing time?

I was going to put this in the philosophy and spirituality but I really want a bit of a more lighthearted discussion than I think that would produce locating it there, are you living or just killing time and how do you know the difference?

Both!

Sometimes I love to live life to the fullest, do fun and crazy and new stuff. Sometimes I love to kill time. Veg out. Watch movies or just lie front of the box fan eating cherries (we don't have AC).
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Im living. Doing everything and anything I want to do and achieve.
    Oh don't get me wrong I can kill days doing nothing, but ultimately if I want to do something I do it.

I hate the idea of just existing mindlessly. What would be the point?

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    Im living. Doing everything and anything I want to do and achieve.
    Oh don't get me wrong I can kill days doing nothing, but ultimately if I want to do something I do it.

I hate the idea of just existing mindlessly. What would be the point?
    How do you know the one from the other? Do you go to bed at night or get up in the morning and know whether that day has been or will be one or the other? What are the qualities of a day which is one or even an experience which qualifies as one and not the other?

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I am living! I am actively moving toward my goals and rewarding myself along the way with fun little experiences if I do what I said I was going to! lol. It feels amazing and helps solidify self-esteem imo. I get to see Moby Live. Last night, it was indian food and the Ah-Lalas at the hammer museum! I think for me, I must be constantly in positive motion to be happy (:
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I was going to put this in the philosophy and spirituality but I really want a bit of a more lighthearted discussion than I think that would produce locating it there, are you living or just killing time and how do you know the difference?
    I'm just trying to get through college. What I'm doing now damn sure isn't living, it's preparing for a career that I'm going to actually enjoy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Killing time, just waiting to figure out what I want to do with my life...

locked into a restrictive pattern of conditioned repetition, called personality, i do what i want, IT makes me want a lot of repetition (yummy), the result is a lot of dead-ish time of acting out old shit. only way to be more alive is to burn this ego-persona cage in a spiritual fire. so far i'm probably just fooling around with matches. need some benzin.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm living, living has always been my goal. When I was 16 and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said "interesting." I feel I lived both my teen years and my 20's to the fullest in the way that is accessible to those age groups, within my means, I took chances, I took risks, I went out and met people and had relationships, I made mistakes, I did whatever I felt strongly I should do...in fact, I postponed going to university until my mid-20's because I was too afraid up until that point that it would hamper my "living" ...but then decided it was the most beneficial thing I could do at that age to continue enjoying living, so decided to go, and put my all into it, until I wasn't feeling it anymore, because that's how I roll.

I've become more inward and less overtly adventurous in the past year or two, but I feel, again - like when I started university in my mid-twenties - that it's time for me to do this, if I am to continue living well. Sometimes I feel like I am not "doing" enough, but too much "doing" without introspection and downtime will not serve me well in the next half of my life if I do not set some clear parameters for myself in terms of ethic and logic, and get my priorities straight.

Still I get frustrated when circumstances or finances have limited me to staying at home more than I would like, so I remind myself to just go outside and take a walk or talk to people or do whatever I can, because I never want to become someone who is "killing time" by getting locked in downtime without balance.

It would be a shame to waste my wild youth on a boring middle age.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Both!

Sometimes I love to live life to the fullest, do fun and crazy and new stuff. Sometimes I love to kill time. Veg out. Watch movies or just lie front of the box fan eating cherries (we don't have AC).
    Lying out in front of the box fan and eating cherries is living!