User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm just killing time. I'm cool with that though. No grand schemes, I don't need to conquer the world. People who tell me I should are annoying. If I could, I'd be some bearded hermit in Montana... but Montana is overpriced these days. I'd probably be more motivated to do something exciting if I could get off the planet entirely.

http://www.planetaryresources.com/
    Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Hell yeah. I wanna be a space trucker.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Cool. Now if only I could grow a beard.
    In your solitude, you could always take up knitting:

Living, for the most part. Killing time is like a lukewarm bath, it kind of satisfies but isn't really what you want.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I don't think there is a difference.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Living. If I died tomorrow I'd have had a more interesting life than the vast majority of people I know. And I have a great family and great friends, to boot.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Living. If I died tomorrow I'd have had a more interesting life than the vast majority of people I know. And I have a great family and great friends, to boot.
    How do you know it's more interesting? Their lives may only be uninteresting from your perspective. In reality, all of you could be enjoying yourselves equally. There's no valid way to live, that can be recognized and measured by others. And as if the ones who don't live up to it aren't really living. Even Elvis was the king of rock, and had a lot of eventful things happen, but from a certain perspective, he was lonely, drug addled, and died on the shitter.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    I think it is a mental thing- how you feel about your life from day to day. If you love your life you are 'living'. If you hate your day to day existence then it is killing time?
    I'd say that "killing time" isn't so much whether or not you like or dislike your life as it is simply being stuck in a rut, where things pass you by. There's also a third possibility... "struggling to stay afloat". Often that sort of circumstance is tedious and unfulfilling, but you can't really say that it's coasting in the same way that a stable but dull life can simply float by.

Unfortunately, I'm killing time. I spend the vast majority of my waking hours either a) at work, or b) consuming entertainment (be it books, movies, or just poking around online). I don't particularly care for either, but other options don't really seem possible/practical at this point in my life. Not really happy with my life, but I have enough to lose (things could be a lot worse) that shaking things up often seems like a foolish proposition. So I'm stuck in that "things aren't horrible" type of rut that's difficult to get traction from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I was going to put this in the philosophy and spirituality but I really want a bit of a more lighthearted discussion than I think that would produce locating it there, are you living or just killing time and how do you know the difference?
    I'd consider it both, or I consider me to be doing both.

Killing time would be an interval before an event.

Living, on the other hand, is not an interval.

If what you are doing right now is considered an interval, it is probably considered as killing time.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

How do you know it's more interesting? Their lives may only be uninteresting from your perspective. In reality, all of you could be enjoying yourselves equally. There's no valid way to live, that can be recognized and measured by others. And as if the ones who don't live up to it aren't really living. Even Elvis was the king of rock, and had a lot of eventful things happen, but from a certain perspective, he was lonely, drug addled, and died on the shitter.
    I know.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING