Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I certainly still have days where I veg out and do nothing particularly productive (preferably with company), but if I'm enjoying myself at an existential level then I definitely consider that living. I think it's really about the "flow" of your life. If you're flowing, then you're living. Being stuck waiting or mindlessly rushing is when you lose sight of life.

Enneagram

I was trying to figure out what was ruining everything, and now that I have figured it out, I am biding my time until I can take steps to "live" this fall. Maybe that's not ideal, but it's practical. PRACTICAL? What happened to me? I used to be an INFP!

I'm not Trunks

Didn't care much, I can have both living or killing time..

Bus Stop

I looked around me as I waited for the bus and found I was surrounded by people killing time.

It was as though every time I waited for the bus, I was a player in, "Waiting for Godot".

So instead of killing time waiting for the bus or Godot or God, I started a walking meditation.

While everyone else stood still, mind churning, killing time, I walked up and down, up and down, up and down, slowly, deliberately, at the bus stop.

At first I worried the time killers would think I was weird, but really they took no notice me. And as I walked slowly, deliberately back and forth, back and forth, my mind relaxed, I looked around me and enjoyed the beauty of the sunlight on the beautiful winter trees. And when the bus came, I entered with a light heart, a smile and a joke with the driver. Time we enjoy wasting, I thought, is not time wasted.

To an outside observer it would most likely appear that I am living life to it's fullest, but really I just feel like this summer is me killing time until I go to university in September. I've found what I love to do and I can hardly wait to get into the world of higher education for it.

My days beaching, dancing, dating and working right now are just a distraction. It's insane...a normal person would just be happy to lay back and have a fun, restful summer. And I am happy. Just feel unfulfilled. And my mind feels dull and unchallenged. C'est la vie, eh?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    How do you know the one from the other? Do you go to bed at night or get up in the morning and know whether that day has been or will be one or the other? What are the qualities of a day which is one or even an experience which qualifies as one and not the other?
    I think it is a mental thing- how you feel about your life from day to day.
    If you love your life you are 'living'. If you hate your day to day existence then it is killing time?

If you feel like you are living and alive and experiencing and feeling then you are.
    Living is different for everyone.

I imagine most SPs will say they are truly living.

I'm just killing time. I'm cool with that though. No grand schemes, I don't need to conquer the world. People who tell me I should are annoying. If I could, I'd be some bearded hermit in Montana... but Montana is overpriced these days. I'd probably be more motivated to do something exciting if I could get off the planet entirely.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm just killing time. I'm cool with that though. No grand schemes, I don't need to conquer the world. People who tell me I should are annoying. If I could, I'd be some bearded hermit in Montana... but Montana is overpriced these days. I'd probably be more motivated to do something exciting if I could get off the planet entirely.
    West Virginia is pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    West Virginia is pretty cheap.
    Cool. Now if only I could grow a beard.