User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Where is the difference between convictions and fixed opinions?
    I can have an opinion about what the best NFL team is.

Your stance on God and the afterlife etc... once fully constructed is not an opinion anymore it's a conviction.

Convictions are beliefs that make us who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm not sure if that reasoning makes it any better. I mean here I thought your morality takes root in the creation of your own happiness. How is berating other peoples moral codes adding to your happiness?
    I am not berating his moral codes. We are testing their foundations together. In the process, we get to know each other better. Anyway, how shitty is your morality that you would berate me for having fun doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I can have an opinion about what the best NFL team is.

Your stance on God and the afterlife etc... once fully constructed is not an opinion anymore it's a conviction.

Convictions are beliefs that make us who we are.
    I am sure you have football fans in the US who take their team as seriously as football fans in Germany take theirs. They are who they are because they are fans of certain teams. Still opinions?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I am not berating his moral codes. We are testing their foundations together. In the process, we get to know each other better. Anyway, how shitty is your morality that you would berate me for having fun doing so?

I am sure you have football fans in the US who take their team as seriously as football fans in Germany take theirs. They are who they are because they are fans of certain teams. Still opinions?
    Maybe for them they are convictions, and that's why some sports fans fight each other some times.

But looking down on them for believing in sports or god or politics or whatever else is no different than someone ripping on you for your convictions.

Except you're too to smart show me your convictions.

So we can play this game where I tell you what I believe and you pick it apart.

But in return reveal nothing about yourself, and thus maintain some sense of I guess superiority.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

My morality lies in all aspects of right and wrong that I can muster to think up, it is definately not perfect, like no other morality would be, but you have shown no interest in his morality nor has he shown interest in learning yours. Truth be told I find the entire discussion between you and @DiscoBiscuit to be largely unneccesarry and far from innocent. Thinking back about your earlier posts in this thread, I merely made some observations that seems to contradict one and other. If I am wrong in my assumptions I would apologize but I've seen no evidence to point to that being the case.

What made me focus on you is that you talk about his morality, whilest he leaves yours out of the discussion. Would seem he is the better man in this instance. At the very least I wanted to paint a clearer picture of your intentions.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Maybe for them they are convictions, and that's why some sports fans fight each other some times.
    Yet, I take it, you would not say that sports is a topic that is per se sacrosanct. Would the same hold true for religion? Because then it comes down to the composition of one's audience.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yet, I take it, you would not say that sports is a topic that is per se sacrosanct. Would the same hold true for religion? Because then it comes down to the composition of one's audience.
    I think the important thing is to know your audience enough to not push buttons that will set them off.

Try to be nice to others, and interestingly enough people will start being nice to you.

My morality lies in all aspects of right and wrong that I can muster to think up, it is definately not perfect, like no other morality would be, but you have shown no interest in his morality nor has he shown interest in learning yours. Truth be told I find the entire discussion between you and DiscoBiscuit to be largely unneccesarry and far from innocent. Thinking back about your earlier posts in this thread, I merely made some observations that seems to contradict one and other. If I am wrong in my assumptions I would apologize but I've seen no evidence to point to that being the case.

What made me focus on you is that you talk about his morality, whilest he leaves yours out of the discussion. Would seem he is the better man in this instance. At the very least I wanted to paint a clearer picture of your intentions.
    You seem to misunderstand the tone of the discussion completely, perhaps not only the tone.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You seem to misunderstand the tone of the discussion completely, perhaps not only the tone.
    If that is the case, I have to say the part where you said "Now all we need to do to heal you is to get you a book on source criticism on the Bible." was very misleading. As well as "But your rationality is limping. I see it whenever your religion or your country is being criticized.".

If a tone would be set to convey an earnest interest in his beliefs, wouldn't the more appropiate manner be to resort to asking questions rather than stating claims?

I think the important thing is to know your audience enough to not push buttons that will set them off.

Try to be nice to others, and interestingly enough people will start being nice to you.
    What does it take for you to stop caring about niceness? What ranks higher than other people's feelings?

If that is the case, I have to say the part where you said "Now all we need to do to heal you is to get you a book on source criticism on the Bible." was very misleading.
    Not to him, I would think. We have a history. I expect him to catch the irony.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Not to him, I would think. We have a history. I expect him to catch the irony.
    Alright, my bad, for future reference though it might be nice to consider this is a public forum where not everyone is aware of personal insiders in discussions.