User Tag List

First 2101112

Results 111 to 120 of 120

  1. #111
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Some of these posts are way too long.
    "In a nut shell..."

  2. #112
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    To me, morality is what makes us look out for good of the whole over ourselves.

    I don't particularly believe in good and evil. That's just a convenient idea people use to keep themselves from thinking about things. It makes life simple and has a purpose.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  3. #113
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    To me, morality is what makes us look out for good of the whole over ourselves.

    I don't particularly believe in good and evil. That's just a convenient idea people use to keep themselves from thinking about things. It makes life simple and has a purpose.
    You must not believe in God then.

    I think it's rather impossible to believe in God, and then not realize there is inherent Good in us and Evil at play in the world.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  4. #114
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Yeah, I don't.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  5. #115
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Some of these posts are way too long.
    "In a nut shell..."
    Maybe our nuts are just really big...

  6. #116
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Okay. I used to be an atheist too.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  7. #117
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Some of these posts are way too long.
    "In a nut shell..."

    EVERYONE'S posts on this site are way too long.

    Folk are awfully proud of their thoughts...

  8. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    EVERYONE'S posts on this site are way too long.

    Folk are awfully proud of their thoughts...
    The bulk of this thread's posts are pretty succinct. Generally, content is preferable to pissy epigrams. If you want a sea of caustic, witty one-liners batted back and forth in a perpetual battle of the egos, check out INTPc.

    Well, INTPc can be funny too. They do have their highs.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  9. #119
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    The bulk of this thread's posts are pretty succinct. Generally, content is preferable to pissy epigrams. If you want a sea of caustic, witty one-liners batted back and forth in a perpetual battle of the egos, check out INTPc.

    Well, INTPc can be funny too. They do have their highs.

    I suppose some people have a mind for repetitious contemplation and mental masturbation.

    As for this particular thread, I don't know. See sig.

  10. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I suppose some people have a mind for repetitious contemplation and mental masturbation.

    As for this particular thread, I don't know. See sig.
    Judging by their membership numbers, more than some.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Similar Threads

  1. Your posting style, in a nutshell/parody
    By SilkRoad in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 05:10 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
  3. Find your avatar in Jung's head!
    By Martoon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 01:39 AM
  4. Describe each of your functions in one word.
    By Mort Belfry in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 11:28 AM
  5. This is me...in a nutshell.
    By JediM05 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO