First 9101112 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It seems you don't know me at all!

Yet I feel I've just reaffirmed my already existing suspicions. Perhaps my Ti-Ne is not as good as I claim it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Your point is valid, but you need to realize that, by properly using Ne, we are able to justify everything we want to.
    But most of the mods also use a fair share of Ne. It should be fine, I would think!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I go to inappropriate extremes defending my opinions on those two topics occasionally
    Aren't you a lobbyist?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Be kind to others and true to yourself.
    Yup. This is pretty much the basis for all of my morality as well. Of course the world is a complex place and it's not always that clear cut, but I try always to ask myself which course of action aligns the most with my sense of morality, when there is a conflict.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Be kind to others and true to yourself.
    Yes.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Aren't you a lobbyist?
    I used to be one.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Make peace with your death.

Accept that from the moment you were born, you were destined to die.

If you walk through this life as a man already dead, nothing can scare you, and nothing can stop you.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Id state my mortality as thusly:

People often feel comfortable in certain personalised situations of preference. They dont really want action, or drama, (even though some who proclaim this often create it), but sometimes we make things happen to each other that distort or shake up these comforts, resulting in a psycho-chemical reaction that we call emotion.

These emotions are either pleasant or unpleasant and thus we wish to minimise the unpleasant.

So to do this we need to create for ourselves a complex world of archetypal notions of action and reaction we deem accurate to these emotions or which can be linked with them. We call them 'good' or 'bad'.

And so a large number of us spend our lives trying to make sure that both ourselves and others are kept in a balance of comfort, hoping to outdo what is deemed bad with what is deemed good, because life for us is easier with the good, or at least more pleasant, although we acknowledge that it can never truely overrule the bad, but it can surpress it just enough to make life worth living. From this we also admit that there has to be an invented fairness in our perceptions, so that no one person should be ignored if we can help it....because otherwise we would have to accept such ill actions against our own person as well.

And so I would give a starving man my crispy M&M's, even though I hate sharing them, because it makes his life more comfortable and keeps it continuing just as I would wish him to do the same. But even if he would not, I would still give him them because this is a constant battle of winning people over to constructed mindsets and systems of mutual benefit and even if he would not learn from this...someone would.

It might sound fascistic but there also has to be a set standard agreed upon by a majority as to what constitutes this 'good' or else all pleasurable acts would be considered good which would allow for a loophole in what is acceptable....so if someone gains pleasure from taking life off others, obviously this is a contradiction to the core rule, so we divide it into a multitude of do's and dont's so as to enforce a consideration towards others from birth.

Some are unhappy with this as it can surpress truth as they see it, but if we accept the balance without going too far one way or the other, in there lies true morality.

Perhaps the day will come when we can all be happily educated in the reasons behind such things without blind enforcement and left to choose for ourselves....I hope for that day....I work for that day.

But to me it all starts with the realisation that morality...is OUR concept and our construction...and that within human reference there is a reason for it.....but that doesn't make it any less or more valid, it simply makes it ours.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTj

I think every moral value should be subjected to the question "Why is it desirable for people to abide by this principle?" If the question cannot be answered properly then it is not a moral principle. It is either be a personal preference or an contradictory (invalid) belief.

I consider fairness to be the highest principle. Apply to yourself the same rules you apply to others.

How I did ever consider being Fi.. I fail at even approaching this thread. I want to say I have some static moral values, but not sure what. I'm getting a brainfart. It's not very crystallized. I'd like to step on a few toes as possible. Do unto others, etc. I could make tough "morally questionable" decisions though, but I don't want to make mean decisions. Big difference. Then again, I used to be mean. So even where I stand now is a product of change.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    This isn't a place for long 10 page essays on your morality, but summarize your morality here.

1) Robin Hood morality - I have a bit of a Robin Hood morality in that I believe that certain actions (lying, stealing) are contextual in terms of how a person is being taken advantage of. For example, if someone is suffering or starving or dying because of a wealthy corrupt system, I see no issue in avenging the actions of the corrupt to protect or help the weak.

2) Most people are products of their childhood - therefore I strongly believe in things like therapy, rehabilitation and humane prisons

3) Community values - Everything is interdependent and interconnected, so people should be free to be independent and have individual rights, but only in so far is that it does not actively cause the suffering and death of innocent people

4) What looks self-sacrificial is often self-serving - for example, having well-fed well-educated people tends to lead to a stronger society for everyone involved, and this is a good thing

5) Dying for people should only be reserved for extreme circumstances - dying for people is stupid and insensible for children, women of childbearing age (and I think mothers of small children have NO PLACE in active military duty for similar reasons) and even men should not be sacrificed in war UNLESS THERE IS NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE.

6) War and the death penalty are necessary evils - but should only be used as a last resort

7) Intentionally harming or exploiting the innocent is evil.

8) But avenging the exploiters is moral.

9) I don't have children because - I believe it's immoral to bring children in the world unless you have a stable home and readiness for them; I also prefer two parent homes and would only tend to have a child in a marriage that would not end in divorce, barring extreme circumstances like physical abuse or dangerous flagrant infidelity (and yes I'd check the man for these traits before having kids with him).

10) Loyalty, education, and generosity are all important virtues. So is freedom of speech.

Okay, that's what I've got for now.

dangerous flagrant infidelity

I like the specification.