User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Alright, my bad, for future reference though it might be nice to consider this is a public forum where not everyone is aware of personal insiders in discussions.
    Well, the discussion in which we became aware of each other's positions and the likelihood of them being changed by the other also happened in public. If you demand to be informed, you may be asked to inform yourself. I will add a smiley for clarity:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Time for @CzeCze to show up and thread split. Yeshua deserves its own thread!
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Well, the discussion in which we became aware of each other's positions and the likelihood of them being changed by the other also happened in public. If you demand to be informed, you may be asked to inform yourself. I will add a smiley for clarity:

Hmm, when you discuss in a thread, you allow for others to join the discussion, to me it seems common sense to expect others to read and possibly chime in on the discussion and convey your posts in a way accordingly. After all that is what the forum is for!

If you want to discuss without interruption, there are visitor messages or pm's to consider. Adding smileys can definately help convey the tone of a post better though, I use them for exactly that myself. If I don't use emoticons, I tend to be serious and direct in my intentions.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

What does it take for you to stop caring about niceness? What ranks higher than other people's feelings?

Not to him, I would think. We have a history. I expect him to catch the irony.
    You expect correctly.

But I'm heading out this evening and am going to have to cut our repartee short.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Time for @CzeCze to show up and thread split. Yeshua deserves its own thread!
    Although it's a bit muddy, in a sense it's surprisingly on topic. (Except for the nutshell part)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Although it's a bit muddy, in a sense it's surprisingly on topic. (Except for the nutshell part)
    The discussion is focused more on his existence than on his moral code. Bad form.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Hmm, when you discuss in a thread, you allow for others to join the discussion, to me it seems common sense to expect others to read and possibly chime in on the discussion and convey your posts in a way accordingly. After all that is what the forum is for! If you want to discuss without interruption, there are visitor messages or pm's to consider.
    I did not ask you to keep out of anything. But I am also not carrying the material for all possible references and allusions into every thread I happen to post in. It is your task to decide when you are sufficiently informed to take part in a discussion. Furthermore, I do not think that the discussion at hand must necessarily be read as disrespectful if one does not know all that has happened in the past.

Adding smileys can definately help convey the tone of a post better though, I use them for exactly that myself. If I don't use emoticons, I tend to be serious and direct in my intentions.
    Most of them are so ugly, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    The discussion is focused more on his existence than on his moral code. Bad form.
    But the belief of his existance was the root for the moral code that sprung from that. As such, the discussion was about wether or not the moral code could be seen as valid. Or rather, what exactly makes it valid for the believer and how could a non believer be made to understood that validity.

I think it is good form to question the bases of morality as a means to sample it's validity. Just as politics need satire. It keeps minds open and alert and reduces the chance moral codes would be adhered to just because they are the norm, without actually knowing what makes them important or where they came from.

I did not ask you to keep out of anything. But I am also not carrying the material for all possible references and allusions into every thread I happen to post in. It is your task to decide when you are sufficiently informed to take part in a discussion. Furthermore, I do not think that the discussion at hand must necessarily be read as disrespectful if one does not know all that has happened in the past.
    I don't disagree, but even then for the sake of my own curiosity, when I am not sure of someones intentions, or see someone like you who I have especially seen as mature and respectful in the past, conform to posting in a manner seemingly unbefitting of that person, I tend to pry. Such is my nature.

I don't disagree, but even then for the sake of my own curiosity, when I am not sure of someones intentions, or see someone who I have especially seen as mature and respectful in the past, conform to posting in a manner seemingly unbefitting of that person, I tend to pry. Such is my nature.
    It seems you don't know me at all!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

But the belief of his existance was the root for the moral code that sprung from that. As such, the discussion was about wether or not the moral code could be seen as valid. Or rather, what exactly makes it valid for the believer and how could a non believer be made to understood that validity.

I think it is good form to question the bases of morality as a means to sample it's validity. Just as politics need satire. It keeps minds open and alert and reduces the chance moral codes would be adhered to just because they are the norm, without actually knowing what makes them important or where they came from.
    Your point is valid, but you need to realize that, by properly using Ne, we are able to justify everything we want to.
    -----------------

-----------------