First 123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I review books for Amazon sometimes, its for free, ie at the cost of the books or gadgets, but it would be so, so cool to do it as a job.
    As a personal side note, I love reading the one and two star reviews the most....
    Ranting and raging over these really minor details that you would never ever think of in a million years....
    like, "man, never knew a floor rug could have so many problems."
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    As a personal side note, I love reading the one and two star reviews the most....
    Ranting and raging over these really minor details that you would never ever think of in a million years....
    You and I have discussed nursing and I really do want to help people, but going to school to be an RN will take me 3-4 years and I'm not sure I want to do that. I think I'd be happy working in a Doctors office as a medical assistant, which would take a lot less time and hopefully I would be able to find a nice group to work with.

On a side note, I was recently in the hospital and all I heard from the nurses looking after me was how miserable they are. I'd say maybe this was a one off thing, but it's happened with other hospital stays at other hospitals. I'd say they're overworked, but I keep hearing from my MIL, who's a nurse in the UK and she tells me that she has a ward of up to 30 people to look after when they're busy, so hearing the nurses last week whine about having three to look after is confusing.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    You and I have discussed nursing and I really do want to help people, but going to school to be an RN will take me 3-4 years and I'm not sure I want to do that. I think I'd be happy working in a Doctors office as a medical assistant, which would take a lot less time and hopefully I would be able to find a nice group to work with.

On a side note, I was recently in the hospital and all I heard from the nurses looking after me was how miserable they are. I'd say maybe this was a one off thing, but it's happened with other hospital stays at other hospitals. I'd say they're overworked, but I keep hearing from my MIL, who's a nurse in the UK and she tells me that she has a ward of up to 30 people to look after when they're busy, so hearing the nurses last week whine about having three to look after is confusing.
    Sometimes it depends on how it's set up and how many hours people are working and it could be a cultural thing too.... Some nurses don't have a lot of say into what goes on for their patients, that's hard too. They actually had an entire lecture on this in school I think. For me, school has been by far the hardest part... The thing I like most about my job is teaching and talking, and you REALLY have to be cut out for it, at least on some level. Also, some women just honestly like to complain no matter what they are doing... It's like a fact of life. Nursing students all around me often had such negative energy around the learning and the tests and the competition, etc.... I HATED! that! It really can start to drag you down... I think you just need to really think about the kind of day you will have as a nurse and if any, what kind of nursing could make you the happiest and what kind you would dislike the most... It's like we all should "serve time" in acute care setting but it doesn't always have to be that way... If at the end of the long thinking you still don't want to finish, go for what your heart tells you!!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Some of those wind me up, although I've realised a trend in my amazon reviews that people do look at the less than five star reviews.

I'm not overly generous with stars but I dont review stuff what I find is completely awful, I dont finish it usually, although now and again I post warning reviews. Some of the movies I see or books I read should be banned. Properly banned.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I do love my job (writing/editing on staff at a small educational publishing co), though I think I could love other jobs, too. I'd love to have something more active. Sitting a lot is a real drag.

I think nursing would be a good fit for you, but that does sound like a lot of time to spend in school. My friend Megan just graduated nursing school and she said it was pretty traumatic for the family- she was basically checked out for about 2 years.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I very much enjoy my job though it's only a small portion of the thoughts of my future career. I am not at all stagnant in my profession.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I work as a printer operator, printing checks. It's a very active job, and they care a lot about performance. I wouldn't say I love my job, but I'm really good and efficient at it, and I get full benefits, so it's good enough I guess. I don't intend to be in the manufacturing industry forever, because the repetitiveness is highly stressful to me. I'm working on my degree in social work, so I'll probably be doing that eventually. (I hope)
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm currently studying Advertising, and I feel like I made the perfect decision for what I want right now. I have so many different interests that I lose track of some of them, and I always assumed I'd end up working in something that was challenging but not very rewarding. I never thought about Advertising until I turned 19 because all I knew of the industry was "people who sell you things you don't need." The more I learn about it, the more I'm absolutely in love. I realized that I can use this path to really make a difference in people's lives. Change starts with an idea; the bigger the impact this idea has (like a billboard that everyone in New York sees) the more it starts to really influence how a population functions.

I went and shadowed a Marketing manager at a major corporation a few weeks ago, and got to see a meeting between her and a creative team. The atmosphere was so refreshing, both stimulating and laid back, professional and personal. People shared ideas and created entire new projects all together as a group, and between the efforts of a couple dozen minds, they were developing a web application that would be used by millions of people. So much passion, creativity and love went into a single little project, and the results were stunning. I knew that I had to be a part of this. Now I really have no doubts anymore about my career path, only excitement!

I won't be working in actual advertising for another year, but I have done a fair amount of creative projects in illustration, web design, graphics, photo-editing, etc. Creating a picture can be fun, but creating an idea is half a step from creating life.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Hated it...then quit.

Now looking for something else to hate, then quit or be fired from.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Permabanned

I'm a student. It's fun...
    In the future, I'll be a student. It'll be fun.

I remember when I first got to university I said "they're going to have to kick me out of this place..."

Eventually, they will. But I have at least 8 years before they do...

Beyond being a student, I guess you can call me an entrepreneur..or maybe a tech developer. Really, I just want something made because it'll make my life a lot easier.

Do I like what I do?
    I wouldn't do anything else.
    And I like my life.
    So, yes, I guess I do.
    I would never have imagined...how did I get to this point?