First 12

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    This one ive just been at basically started out like hitting the floor running, me racing around like a fucking woodpecker on amphetamines while people whined that their stuff wasn't completed yet.
    Yes, but it's often been the case here that an employee ends up with too much to do in the long run. And it's not people whining, it's the boss screaming, even though there isn't enough time in the day for all the extra workload. He loves to take a great employee, pay him by the day, add more and more and more work over time, don't give him a pay raise, and then scream to high heaven when things start to go sour. At this point, the excellent employee quits and is replaced with a mediocre one.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes, but it's often been the case here that an employee ends up with too much to do in the long run. And it's not people whining, it's the boss screaming, even though there isn't enough time in the day for all the extra workload. He loves to take a great employee, pay him by the day, add more and more and more work over time, don't give him a pay raise, and then scream to high heaven when things start to go sour. At this point, the excellent employee quits and is replaced with a mediocre one.
    Yeah I think that is an interesting pattern; my problem is the fact that I work like a maniac, I hate leaving things undone and unfinished, im a hardcore J for that stuff.

But this always comes back to bite me really hard.

I think the other problem I have is that....I just dont like dealing with the general public, give me regular faces on staff rotation....fine, but you can fuck off the ugly bastards they call the general public.

And when I say ugly I mean all the way through, they dont necessarily have to be physically abhorrent.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Yeah I think that is an interesting pattern; my problem is the fact that I work like a maniac, I hate leaving things undone and unfinished, im a hardcore J for that stuff.

But this always comes back to bite me really hard.

I think the other problem I have is that....I just dont like dealing with the general public, give me regular faces on staff rotation....fine, but you can fuck off the ugly bastards they call the general public.

And when I say ugly I mean all the way through, they dont necessarily have to be physically abhorrent.
    In jobs where I worked with the public, I was dealt some racist jabs by some customers. And I'm white. "They" know full well that in the US "they" can say it to me but I can't say it to "them" because I'm white and "they" are not.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”