User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Not being genuine in the way you project yourself to others will hold a number of views. One would say it would limit the drama caused if one were far more genuine in showing their emotions towards someone. Pointless drama is not necessarily the most wonderful thing. Another would say it's simply a matter of respectful behaviour which would be genuine in the sense that you yourself have the value of holding to professional mannerisms no matter the situation. A third could say that if he were to project a sense of resentment towards another individual, the other individual could cause uncertain damage to any particular aspect of the individual's life and so a fear of such would be present. It could simply be job position, health risk, family threats and all the other possible things a malicious individual could accomplish.
    But what if that is a necessary demonstration of emotion and conflict? It may result in something like murder maybe, but murder is not intrinsically evil, it's just the taking of life by violent action of a conscious or self-aware creature. And yet I recognise it as an evil.

Perhaps depth of thought is not for some people, such as myself, maybe it is better for a person to avoid such thoughts because they lack a fluid mind capable of dealing with them. When you break me down to my constituent parts im surprisingly black and white ive been surprised to find.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

How do you define nice?

Is a person nice because they have done one "nice" thing in their life and this counteracts all "bad" things they have done?

Doubt it. So to ask such a general question really brings about the assumption that there are in general a lot of nice people. Which is disputable, when you think of human nature and human history.

As to why those who are nice, well that's probably different from person to person.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Because my momma taught me "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

On a more serious note... I've never been very good at being mean/hateful towards anyone. Even people that have ticked me off. So, I guess being nice is just my nature.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    But what if that is a necessary demonstration of emotion and conflict? It may result in something like murder maybe, but murder is not intrinsically evil, it's just the taking of life by violent action of a conscious or self-aware creature. And yet I recognise it as an evil.

Perhaps depth of thought is not for some people, such as myself, maybe it is better for a person to avoid such thoughts because they lack a fluid mind capable of dealing with them. When you break me down to my constituent parts im surprisingly black and white ive been surprised to find.
    And yet evil exists as a value orientation within the mind of the masses. If it didn't, order wouldn't play out and if order wouldn't play out, chaos reigns. If chaos reigns, humans may become extinct and if humans become extinct, who's there to hold the value of not wishing people to be nice for manipulation?

And yet evil exists as a value orientation within the mind of the masses. If it didn't, order wouldn't play out and if order wouldn't play out, chaos reigns. If chaos reigns, humans may become extinct and if humans become extinct, who's there to hold the value of not wishing people to be nice for manipulation?
    But chaos and order are our constructs, I have a rigid mind, how do I rationalise the unrationlisable? The only order that might be mentioned is the relationship of different atoms and molecules throughout the universe and even then WE project that order.

Can you imagine that? A black and white mind presented, not with grey, but with the entire spectrum of colour. Annoyingly ive always been aware of this, but it's starting to......frustrate me now.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

For me? It's because I realised, properly, that other people are actually people. They're a consciousness at the centre of their own universe, just like I am. And I respect that, so I'm pleasant to people and help where I can. Someone being decent to me when I need it can make all the difference to a horrible day. It isn't that much effort, and the times that it is effort I think make me a better person. It's not for personal gain at all, and I've never understood manipulation. My mind really doesn't work that way. I think there's a difference between being nice and being insincere gushy-sugary. I don't like that at all, it always seems fake and uncomfortable.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

But chaos and order are our constructs, I have a rigid mind, how do I rationalise the unrationlisable? The only order that might be mentioned is the relationship of different atoms and molecules throughout the universe and even then WE project that order.

Can you imagine that? A black and white mind presented, not with grey, but with the entire spectrum of colour. Annoyingly ive always been aware of this, but it's starting to......frustrate me now.
    And why is it frustrating? Is it because you're unable to do something you wish you could do? Sometimes I wish I were a bird.

And why is it frustrating? Is it because you're unable to do something you wish you could do? Sometimes I wish I were a bird.
    Hah I think most people wish they were a bird. Im just....well I think this is how I know im not an INFJ, im stuck in rigid frameworks and I find it really hard to think outside of them.

Im aware of this and the fact that I believe that my growth must come from breaking free of these mental constraints is irritating me, because I cant seem to think outside of them. I want to do something different but I always fall back into the patterns.

I suppose most of all id love to just enjoy the moment.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Hah I think most people wish they were a bird. Im just....well I think this is how I know im not an INFJ, im stuck in rigid frameworks and I find it really hard to think outside of them.

Im aware of this and the fact that I believe that my growth must come from breaking free of these mental constraints is irritating me, because I cant seem to think outside of them. I want to do something different but I always fall back into the patterns.

I suppose most of all id love to just enjoy the moment.
    This is how you know you're not an INFJ? Are you thinking outside of them right now? Are these constructs to do with value orientation or logical orientation? And you wish to live in the moment? Because it's where you just purely experience without thought? It's a funny thought, it has its positives and negatives. Papercut is awful sometimes.

This is how you know you're not an INFJ? Are you thinking outside of them right now? Are these constructs to do with value orientation or logical orientation? And you wish to live in the moment? Because it's where you just purely experience without thought? It's a funny thought, it has its positives and negatives. Papercut is awful sometimes.
    Interesting why did you mention a papercut? It's the smallest part of your post but it holds the most significance for me at the moment, not sure why.

I think I just want to be someone else...as usual.

- A.A. Milne.