User Tag List

First 234

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@Kayness, do you find that you are most sensitive about the things you have already criticized yourself about? Someone may have already mentioned this. I find that I really get upset about things I have beaten myself up over and then someone comes along and criticizes me for the same thing. I feel embarrassed and humiliated because it feels like my secret shame is "out". Maybe it is a very human thing.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

@Redbone - yes!
    @Rail Tracer - Oh, I see now, thank you!
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I actually like constructive criticism, although a lot of what people think they are doing when they think they are providing that is anything but and there in is probably a major part of my life's dilemma.

If I were to honestly fit my life to any storyboard it would be that of the ronin who seeks and is disappointed in seeking a master from which they can learn or someone who looks and fails to find any leaders worthy of the designation.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

@Rail Tracer & others
    here's the latest piece i finished:

in this pic i paid more attention to the values, using more contrasts in the foreground and decreasing it with the distance and stuff...

do you think it's an improvement to the ones i posted in the op?
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    It's awesome and a million times better than anything I could draw. The only thing that seems out of place is the blurry mountain on the left, it doesn't really vibe well with the much sharper mountain on the right, which both appear to have about the same distance.

Or is there a cloud like thingy in front of the left one? That could explain it, but then I'd say it's not clear enough that there's a cloud there. It looks a bit too much like a blurry mountain instead. If it's supposed to be a cload or smoke from the bottom tip of the floating island, I think the colors from the mountain behind it seep through it too much.

Other than that, the floating island, the trail of flower petals, the lake in the distance. All really well done, in my opinion. :o

Only think I can find to critisize is the blur on the left side.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    here's the latest piece i finished:
    in this pic i paid more attention to the values, using more contrasts in the foreground and decreasing it with the distance and stuff...

That IS a dramatic improvement. There is definitely more values to look at compared to the two that I've looked at.

There is definitely more of the illusion of distance on this one. What is more is that there is more to it than just that. The objects in the most front is the most clear (because the viewer is most close to it) while the objects in the back are the most blurry. This should be the case in this drawing because of the distance that is trying to be conveyed.

I can easily tell that the mountains (in the center and excluding the clouds ) behind the lake is furthest from the viewers eye. That same mountain, I can tell there is a vast distance from that mountain and the two bunnies and you(?). I can also follow the stream and know that there is a distance between the front and the mountain most close to it.

@Fluffywolf, I think that mountain is about the same distance as the lake? So it looks like there is some distance but closer than the one and the right? There is some mountain detail compared the the back, however. In my opinion, the floating island and the mountain on the right is closer in distance compared to the mountain on the left and the mountain on the right.

But I would like others to look at that and help us critique for kay.