User Tag List

First 123

Banned

I joke about everything. I think that the commonly avoided topics to joke about are made even more amusing because it's considered taboo.

The only reason to why I would avoid a subject is if someone's present with a fresh scar.

I.e. I avoided saying the "batman doesn't always drink beer, but when he does his parents are dead." When my friend who had just lost her mother sat next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    The only reason to why I would avoid a subject is if someone's present with a fresh scar.
    I'd say that's pretty good protocol.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I make jokes and sarcastic comments about things, because I have a dark cynical sense of humor at times, and I think this is the best way to handle life, as long as you know you're joking.

However, people with different value systems will get offended by different severeties or topics of jokes.

I have very little filter on-line, and I loved being with my ESFJ ex because he had a horribly mean sense of humor, and I also loved talking to JTG at times for the same reason, and I WILL GO STARK RAVING MAD if I have no one to share my real funny thoughts with, so people on forums bear the brunt of my occasionally pitch black hilarity.

On the other hand, certain things are sacred to me, and there's a time and a place for everything. You know, it's not funny to make hand banana jokes when your friend was just brutally raped, but somehow it's hilarious in a more ...objective?...context. I don't know.

My nephew seems to have an up and coming twisted sense of humor, and for that I am quite grateful, at least I will have a family member to joke around with, my ESFJ sister does not think things like that are funny at all, and my mom can make mean jokes, but she's more like into mocking people or making fun of very conventional things, so also does not quite share my sense of humor.

So you people deal with it.

Otherwise, IRL, in mixed company, I gauge my audience situationally.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

@phobik

that lawyer joke actually seemed perfectly socially acceptable to me, it seems like something that would be accepted by the greater Fe, because of stereotypes about lawyers in America

It doesn't seem like something that would be on a kids show, but I think plenty of people would laugh at that.

I'd like to see it as a Monty Python skit.