User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned

Default 99% of everything I've ever said I wish I hadn't

You have a thought, an opinion, a perspective...and you decide to put it out there. You stumble across it later and you cringe. How could you have released something into the world so flawed?

Everyday the naivety of my former self nauseates me.

I can't wait to find this thread some time in the future and wonder what it was I was thinking...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

That moment where you realize how much your perspective has changed, or your thoughts have matured is half of the reason I hang out on forums like this.

It's interesting to go back and see how you've changed, because it's obvious to you in that context. You're changing constantly, yet it's difficult to see because you're always around yourself. Being able to look back and see a snapshot of what you used to be like or think like is wonderful in my opinion.

Of course, I'm sure not everyone feels that way about things.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I tend to have the same problem, but then I remember how far I've come since then and feel much better!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I basically hate my past self and everything she's ever said or done Mostly about how I said things though, rather than content necessarily.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    You have a thought, an opinion, a perspective...and you decide to put it out there. You stumble across it later and you cringe. How could you have released something into the world so flawed?

I can't wait to find this thread some time in the future and wonder what it was I was thinking...
    Oh I feel like this every day, im even regretting my recent videos....right this second.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

This wont ever stop, but some day you'll defend your past opinions even if you dont stand behind them no more. Thats one second before the day when you need a new roof because your ego rocketed thru it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

I am like this. I have discussed this topic with friends recently. I don't keep anything from the past. I don't have yearbooks, my letterman's jacket, trophies, diaries, pictures, music.. I like to look forward instead because the past makes me uncomfortable.

That said, I have been generally content with my life for the past few years, so I have been able to break that habit.

I do have a collection of posts though, and that is comforting now that I have accepted myself. I have held onto my past whereas I used to make new accounts when I felt like shedding my skin.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Don't sweat it. It only gets worse.
    Embrace your humanity and get over it.

Mua ha ha! YES! YES!
    FEEL THE SELF-DOUBT COURSE THROUGH YOUR VEINS!
    Your subjugation to imperfection is only a matter of time!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

You live and learn. I'm lucky in that a lot of my more stupid things are lost forever in peoples memories. You always tend to look back and see your flaws, that is a good thing though, isn't it. It means you have grown.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Waste of time mourning who you aren't. Negative emotional memory is an anchor.

Find confidence with who you are today by examining the obstacles you've overcome to get to where you're at. And don't sell yourself short -- life is unavoidably about recognizing and celebrating individuality. Forks in the road are normal. Don't convince yourself that what you 'should' have done would necessarily have been a better choice than what you did. Fallacious. Extraneous. Unfair.

Keep moving forward. It's the only direction you can control.