User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'm difficult to shame. I usually just think some of the shit I used to believe is funny. Classic case in point are some essays I wrote in the 6th grade that I stumbled upon not too long ago. They are truly American treasures. If you don't mind, I will share some selections with you now.

Quote Originally Posted by 6th Grade Rexy's Deep Thoughts on Fashion
    I think that blue jeans will survive now and forever. They are durable, comfortable, and can be worn with just about anything.

I think that clothes today (note: the paper is dated January 7, 2000) are stylish yet comfortable. Therehas been more retro between 2000 and 1998 especially from the 60s. For instance, hot pants and flares are no longer a rare sight.

My favorite outfit would be a red and black dragon shirt with blue jeans and platform shoes.

I think that by 2006 sweatshirts will be totally out dated. First of all they're ugly and chunky. By 2006 we should have thought of a better way to keep warm other than ugly gray shirts.
    So hopeful, so idealistic, yet destined for disappointment. ;_; And one more about words I enjoy, because there's a lot of depth there.

Quote Originally Posted by 6th Grade Rexy, Logophile
    1. "Whatever"- I like this word because it can say so many things like "I don't know", "I don't care", and is a subtle way to change the topic of a conversation.
    2. "Next"-This word almost always means greater or better to me or it just means something new is coming.
    3. "Cool"- I like this word because it is usually praise from peers (which is always good) and cool cannot be used negatively even if it is praising something bad.
    4. "Taken"- I really don't like this word because it is used the most when something prized is taken from a person. For instance, when a parent has taken away your priviledge to go out, or someone has taken a life. Taken is not a very good word.
    5. "Me"--This will have to be one of my most favorite words because it talks about Y-O-U and very few words talk specifically about you on me!
    There's more, but I think you guys get the picture of level of genius we were dealing with here.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I'm difficult to shame. I usually just think some of the shit I used to believe is funny. Classic case in point are some essays I wrote in the 6th grade that I stumbled upon not too long ago. They are truly American treasures. If you don't mind, I will share some selections with you now.

So hopeful, so idealistic, yet destined for disappointment. ;_; And one more about words I enjoy, because there's a lot of depth there.

There's more, but I think you guys get the picture of level of genius we were dealing with here.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Enneagram

I have an issue with regretting things I say on public forums as well but I'm beginning to embrace the whole process. I think it's interesting to have a public record of the ways in which your perspective has evolved. Realizing that no one really gives a sh** about anything I say helps too (not implying anything here).

MBTI
    IsFJ

I haven't regretted many of the things I said here, but I do get the feeling whenever I read something I wrote a long time ago, like an article about genre fiction that came off as a bit too moralistic and "huffy"...

As a matter of protocol, I don't read my old articles very often. I feel all "".
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My first step in learning to be a well adjusted ENFP is to expect and accept a certain degree of messiness from myself, and also not to look back. So, I really don't regret things in the past that I've said, and I may or may not own up to them. I'm way happier with my new life policies.

Glycerine

Haha oh man, I cringe at most of my past posts here. I feel like I did way too much too much TMI here. It was my anonymous venting ground for awhile (mostly because i am very reserved IRL... I bet that's shocking to hear) but I mostly outgrew that. But then again, proof of change is usually considered a good thing!

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I enjoy looking back on my past self with a beneficent smile. He was a good kid, he just didn't know any better and wouldn't listen lol. I like my me
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP

I agree with Night. The past is always something that you're never going to be able to change. Looking back is sometimes destructive. Just need to learn from it, then move on. You can only control the present and try to steer your future!