User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I like to just sort of explore the place without any pressure to see or do a bunch of things. I'd kinda prefer to just have more of a locals experience.
    ^+1. I dislike planned tourist routes and cliche monument watching, I prefer to explore as a resident/curious wanderer.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    ^+1. I dislike planned tourist routes and cliche monument watching, I prefer to explore as a resident/curious wanderer.
    Well, you can usually do both. Some tourist routes are tourist-y due to their beauty...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    How do you act?
    Cool as a cucumber Yami, cool as a cucumber.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, you can usually do both. Some tourist routes are tourist-y due to their beauty...
    Sure I can analize options but generally dislike being tied to a fixed route or agenda/offering and prefer marching to my own drum, hand picking the resorces that best suit my interests.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

low key... would rather hang around the natives and do their thing (language, scenery, food, activity, and music) instead of seeing the big touristy sites and having everything planned to the minute. Definitely like the country or the regular scenery of the new place rather than visiting big cities and constantly taking pictures. BORING!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

I LOVE to travel but hate to plan. Which can either go really well or really poorly. What I like is for someone who likes to plan to travel with me...as long as they're open to spur-of-the-moment changes.

That way I can assure that there's always something to do, but we don't have to strictly adhere to a schedule.

My INTJ ex and I did this. He planned and I improvised, we both appreciated the other's role in things and it worked out great.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    low key... would rather hang around the natives and do their thing (language, scenery, food, activity, and music) instead of seeing the big touristy sites and having everything planned to the minute. Definitely like the country or the regular scenery of the new place rather than visiting big cities and constantly taking pictures. BORING!
    The best trips I've taken I'd been too enthralled in the goings-on to even think of pulling out a camera. Who needs tangible evidence when you have the experience, anyway? How many pictures of yourself do you need standing beside X artifact/sign/historic bs thing?

I can't travel with SJ's.. the planning to the minute is suffocating. I'd rather stay home than go at all.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Despite travelling with my family every year, I'm sort of a homebody. I'm also not much of a tourist, preferring to catch up with some reading...

We're gonna travel to the West Coast in July... Just thinking of all the stuff we'll do is making my legs feel sore.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i want to explore the place and go where the wind takes me, planning too much kinda ruins this.. knowing in advance what hotel/motel im staying in is pretty much as much planning im willing to do. and ofc if i know beforehand that there is something i want to see in the city/country i go look it up, but again i dont want to schedule that, following some strict plan kinda ruins the whole idea of vacation, which is to not stress about stuff. if im hung over and schedule says that i need to go to zoo at 10am, it ruins the whole zoo experience if id rather lay on a beach at that time and recover from hang over..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I can't travel with SJ's.. the planning to the minute is suffocating. I'd rather stay home than go at all.
    Holidayed for a couple of days with an ESTJ pal some years ago; he hated my super-relaxed attitude and I could not abide his almost frantic HERE-THEN-THERE-THEN-THERE-ON-TIME(!) pace. We ended up traveling separately back to our destination and never interacted again.

I was recounting that trip recently to a close ISTJ bud and she said he sounded like a dream traveling-buddy. LOL