User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Are you doing what you want to do?

When it comes to your life.. are you doing exactly what you want to be doing? Do you even know what you want? Are you spending a majority of your day outside of your desires? How high are your dreams on your daily priorities?

Inspiration: I read an article about a couple who realized they spent 6 years together.. they got together for their shared love of travel.. and then before they knew it their daily lives, jobs, etc. Had kept them from one of the major things that bonded them. They sold their house, bought an Rv, and started doing what was important to them first instead of last.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

garbage

Yeah, I'm good at "doing."

On a scale from 1-10, I'd say I'm at ~8 right now--because I tackle everything from multiple perspectives and balls-hard. In my mid-20s, I've got the mentality that I've got one life to live and that I'm someday going to die, so I may as well figure out exactly what I want and exactly how to get it--and fast. Somehow, I think that's actually kinda wrong-headed.

But If I'm going to marry someone, I'm damn well going to make sure that we're compatible on all levels. If I'm going for a career, it's gotta be what I want and something that pays the bills.

I've got a way of closing off paths that don't make sense to me, that I no longer enjoy, and/or that won't result in any benefit. I see (what I perceive to be) the signs early and try to maintain a sense of life balance.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    When it comes to your life.. are you doing exactly what you want to be doing? Do you even know what you want? Are you spending a majority of your day outside of your desires? How high are your dreams on your daily priorities?

Inspiration: I read an article about a couple who realized they spent 6 years together.. they got together for their shared love of travel.. and then before they knew it their daily lives, jobs, etc. Had kept them from one of the major things that bonded them. They sold their house, bought an Rv, and started doing what was important to them first instead of last.
    Id rather be an international spy. Or 19 in the Army Rangers. Or 23 in the year 3012. Or in the Carribean. On a yacht. Or on a space yacht.

In short: no. Not at all.

violaine

Yes. I am. It feels great. I get in a rut sometimes. But I don't let that state persist for long. I think that's because I grew up not being free to do what I wanted, (religious upbringing), and around really domineering personalities, (dad and sister).

I used to be out of touch with my own happiness. Or rather, I probably knew, but I couldn't embrace the course I needed to take because I often knew that meant hurting and disappointing people I care about. Now it's as though an acknowledgment of being unfulfilled by some particular thing I've been doing lands on my doorstep and that's that. It's not even a conscious process. Then I do something about it.

I am very good at envisioning something and then going after it, because I can't stand not trying. (Really, there is not much that is more off-putting to me than someone who doesn't try. Be wrong, make mistakes, IDGAF about that - in fact, I think mistakes are wonderful teaching moments. But if you don't try, my interest and sympathy and respect shrinks to nothing). Sometimes the value is just in trying! I am very happy with my lifestyle, I always wanted to live where I live and to have an arty existence. :-) And I'm just baseline grateful for every day because I'm free to be me. It's such a nice feeling after everything I had to fight through to get here. (Mostly the weight of other people's fears and negativity and their inability to see how I was going to get from A to B. And of course those people who are stuck in their own rut who just don't wish you well and sometimes actively work against you. *rolls eyes*).

My main difficulty in navigating my way through life is that I never want to hurt anyone in the process. I'll accommodate someone I care about as much as I can - but if someone is ever important enough in my life to have the kind of weight to hold me back and they repeatedly do so, I cauterize our connection. I am never going to carry someone who insists on loading up on problems of their own making and who thinks it's ok to affect my life course that way. <---- *file under things that make me angry + resolute*. I want more from life than intentionally scraping by.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

No... Yes... I don't know!? :panic:

At 30... I'm still running around trying to figure out what I really want to be when I grow up... So, uh, I'm not sure if I am or not. I never really thought I'd ever be ready to settle down and get married... Yet, I did. I never thought I had a maternal instinct and never wanted kids... Yet, I did. I said I'd never own a Mac... Yet, I do!

Obviously, I don't know what the heck I want to do!

So, for now... I just take things day by day and go from there... The current plan is to learn more about photography and work on my personal training certification. If those two things continue to make me happy, I'll be looking at making a living out of them... For now... I'll continue working my current job that gets our savings built up...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Nope, but doing what I really wanted required physical abilities outside my scope (professional cycling, prof. mountaineering). So I'm happy thinking that I'm generally happy about my life.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Nope. I get to do what I want to do only a small fraction of my time. I keep forgetting what it is what I want to do. Then I bounce around life and then I randomly hit the right moment, and I think to myself, "This is it."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't know and that's a good question for today. Thank you.

I am trying more to enjoy Life as it is. Rather than forcing it I want to get in tune with it. I have been wanting to unlock my creative parts and have felt this desire to write today. I would be happy to just know what I feel and to accept what I feel. That is the challenge sometimes. There is often a part that interrupts the feeling to observe and judge it. I am working on feeling and acknowledging the feelings felt. If that makes sense.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i am...but it's more stressful than i want...so perfect would be this without stress.

i'm workin on it...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Well, not exactly. Only doing what I want to do would not be a viable option though. I do believe I have met the best possible compromise nonetheless, so I am quite happy with what I am doing.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf