User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

No; for now I'm following the money. My sp instincts tell me it's for the best.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Good question; I try to keep this as the guiding backdrop in my mind. I think in the long term, I am doing what I want to do. Recently, I've come to grips with the situation steering away from that, but I will endeavor to steer it back again in the near future.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

I think mostly in life so far I have just done exactly as I wanted and I have been lucky enough to achieve certain things that I wanted to do. These days I have grown up a bit and have decided that what I want now is to make a bit of money for the future. And I am making some money. So I guess i am still doing what I want to do...
    I'm sure sooner or later I will change my mind again about what I want and go after something else, but being me, I can't stick something I don't want to do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm going to school for it. So currently I am sacrificing the present to do what I want to do in the future.

MBTI
    INFP

I am. I have a passion for interior design, which I'm constantly applying toward the renovation/interior decoration of our home. I am pretty good at tending to my needs and wants. I read things that make me happy, watch things that make me happy, spend quality time with my fiance and our dog which makes me very happy, and I love my job (working with plants with people I adore).

Not right now, no. But I was not too long ago and I will be in a few months.

Summer between school is a bitch.

Riva

When it comes to your life.. are you doing exactly what you want to be doing? Do you even know what you want? Are you spending a majority of your day outside of your desires? How high are your dreams on your daily priorities?
    When it comes to careers there are two scenarios -

(1) You know the career which would bring you immense joy.
    (2) You do not know what career path would bring you immense joy.

From what I have learned, it is best NOT to go soul searching too much and looking for something you believe you would absolutely love. This will lead you to be disappointed in your current job and make you feel miserable each and every day.

Instead it's better to learn how to enjoy what you are doing right now (unless it makes you feel extremely miserable and it is obviously not a job that provides you with a career path). There are many reasons for this is; in addition to we would never truly be satisfied even with an absolutely enjoyable career path, if you learn to notice what you like about the little things of your current career you would actually begin to feel that it is a dream career (which could be applied to many things in life).

But,

If you do have that immense internal desire to embrace 'this one career path' that you are ready to burn all bridges behind and absolutely driven to do you should probably do it/pursue it. Remember, even the people who are absolutely in love with there careers feel pressure and stress from them from time to time.

But if you are not one of those lucky people who have that kind of a career idea in your mind, you should learn to love what you are doing. You might in the future realize a career you are absolutely driven to do. If you do, you should probably pursue it. If you don't learn to love what you do.

I had a long discussion with @Lux regarding this matter. Yes Lux I'm manipulating you in to contributing to this thread. Don't door slam me you silly INFJ.

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Hahahahahaha NO.

I'm an INTP. Working as a PA/secretary/admin person. It's like some kind of personal mental hell. The people are lovely, and I'm grateful to be employed, but my God I hate the work. The job description is like an exhaustive list of things I'm badly optimised for, and I pretty much never get to use the things I'm awesome at.

I wanted to be a barrister, but that path's closed to me now because my degree's screwed, for complicated reasons, and I can't afford to fix it. (Might be for the best, perhaps, but still.) I have no idea what else I want to do. Apart from write novels, but I need a day job to support myself. I have no interest in computers, maths, finance, business or pretty much anything to do with money. Sometimes I think that however bright they are, INTPs who don't like computers are the least happily-employable people on earth. Oh to be an ExxJ.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post
    Hahahahahaha NO.

I'm an INTP. Working as a PA/secretary/admin person. It's like some kind of personal mental hell. The people are lovely, and I'm grateful to be employed, but my God I hate the work. The job description is like an exhaustive list of things I'm badly optimised for, and I pretty much never get to use the things I'm awesome at.

I wanted to be a barrister, but that path's closed to me now because my degree's screwed, for complicated reasons, and I can't afford to fix it. (Might be for the best, perhaps, but still.) I have no idea what else I want to do. Apart from write novels, but I need a day job to support myself. I have no interest in computers, maths, finance, business or pretty much anything to do with money. Sometimes I think that however bright they are, INTPs who don't like computers are the least happily-employable people on earth. Oh to be an ExxJ.
    What is a barrister?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

^ a lawyer.