User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    When it comes to your life.. are you doing exactly what you want to be doing? Do you even know what you want? Are you spending a majority of your day outside of your desires? How high are your dreams on your daily priorities?

Inspiration: I read an article about a couple who realized they spent 6 years together.. they got together for their shared love of travel.. and then before they knew it their daily lives, jobs, etc. Had kept them from one of the major things that bonded them. They sold their house, bought an Rv, and started doing what was important to them first instead of last.
    I dont know anymore.

I have begun to think that I would like to live a life of exclusively reading and working out, the thing about this is that I think I could achieve it with having to do what I'm doing at the minute to earn a living and also with a lot less money than I actually have. I'm not interested in getting married, having kids or buying a house anymore like I once was.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Right now, generally, yes.

But a lot of that is because I have come to terms with the fact that I don't think there IS one thing I want to 'Be' / an end-all-be-all-answer. I was in a much more unhappy state when I was trying to solve for that and thought there WAS one thing that I'd be happy doing my entire life. For myself, and my personality, I don't think that there is. Or, I have yet to discover it. Also, I don't exactly believe anymore that any one thing - any one career, for example - would fulfill all of my varying sides. So, right now, I am in a career that meets my analytical and organizational side... business analyst/ running meetings / writing system requirements for a financial company. It is a far cry from my more artistic and nature-loving side, though, and photography, and my true 'passions'/interests. However, it keeps me mentally engaged/stimulated, which is very important and which I've often lacked in previous jobs. I decided a few years ago that my 'solution' to all of this would be to do things until I became intensely unhappy / knew I had to do something new. And so when I get to that next rut, I'll have to figure it out at that time.

Also I think a lot has to do with balancing various priorities in life. For example, travel / seeing the world/ being able to go farther away to view nature and hike is extremely, extremely important to me. I have to balance that desire with the fact that it takes money to DO that and go to these various places; that then dictates my job choice/realities, as well.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Only when I'm absorbing the world of possibilities I'd like to pursue instead of some realistic/tangible path that pays bills I'm not particularly interested in having to begin with
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

No, because I'm 50% incomplete. When I meet the other 50%, THEN... I'll be able to do what I want to do.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    When it comes to your life.. are you doing exactly what you want to be doing?
    I'm not doing anything that I want to be doing.

Do you even know what you want?
    I've got a pretty good idea.

Are you spending a majority of your day outside of your desires?
    That would be an understatement.

How high are your dreams on your daily priorities?
    They aren't really a factor.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Only when I'm absorbing the world of possibilities I'd like to pursue instead of some realistic/tangible path that pays bills I'm not particularly interested in having to begin with
    This. It's a challenge to pursue a path because it means eliminating the possibilities. Theoretically, yes, I'm doing what I'd like to be doing, because I want to try EVERYTHING! But it's not exactly on the timeline I'd like - I want to move more quickly than this. I have a lot of trouble deciding which possibilities to eliminate, though, and have very little experience doing so because I generally avoid having to choose. Right now I am working on sucking it up and making decisions, even if they don't turn out to be perfect.

MBTI
    ISTx

Right now? Not at all. I'm hoping my present situation will evolve in time to what I do want to be doing.

Glycerine

I am at a standstill for the next two years.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Mostly yes. I am able to do most of the things I want to do in my leisure time. The biggest thing, though, is I'd love to be able to travel more but I don't have the money to pull it off.

I'm ambivalent about marriage and kids. I'm single with no kids and sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out. Then again if I was married with kids, I'm sure I'd envy the single people and their freedom.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

As a kid I yearned to be an adult to take control of my own life, and live it my way. Now that I'm at that point, I'm doing what and how I want to do things, even if it might be more difficult. Everyday I'm inching up on my every increasing ideal. Even if I have a day job at the moment, I know that everything I do is under the banner of my goals and fits perfectly. The feeling is serenity.
    I N V I C T U S