User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default when do you feel normal?

what activity or situation makes you feel completely normal and gives you the sense that everything is going to be alright?

for me it's when I'm cooking or baking.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Working out

Sex
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

what makes me feel normal??

i feel normal about 98% of the time :/
    that 2% is reserved for all things outside of my comfort zone...like interviews...or taxes etc
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Hanging out with friends who "get" me.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I can't specifically recall ever not feeling normal during my adult years.

I also can't specifically recall ever feeling normal during my younger years.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Hanging out with friends who "get" me.
    When you say it like that next to your knife avatar...I start getting scared.

:edges towards the door:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I can't specifically recall ever not feeling normal during my adult years.

I also can't specifically recall ever feeling normal during my younger years.
    You need to quote that and put that in your sig and sign it "AN INTP IN THE NETHERLANDS"

I thought N's were all supposed to feel freakish and out of place?

@prplchknz, I guess it all depends on what is normal for you personally? For me, when I'm alone I feel 'normal' mostly because I don't have anyone bothering my bubble of 'me'ness. I also really enjoy dancing, being at the club, socializing with friends. When I'm doing that, I feel happy and when I feel happy, I'm no longer have any headspace to wonder if I'm feeling normal or not. I also feel...comfortable?...when I'm with my dogs. I guess pets helps owners feel 'normal'.

On second thought, maybe my answer is more like @Lady X 's. I didn't feel normal growing up or into my early 20s because I had a lot of factors really in my face about how I was NOT normal. Then I realized in the world, people's definitions of normal, as far as they applied to me, didn't really matter because in the scheme of things I'm pretty normal and ordinary. It was actually quite comforting. Having said that, sometimes I feel anxious or unsettled and that state of being by definition is "not normal". So I guess I feel most 'normal' in activities where I feel most comfortable.

Is that a really lame, roundabout answer to your question? :P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

frankly, I never feel normal. But hey, normalcy in this society is not something I should strive for, in my opinion.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm with @Lady X and @CzeCze, I pretty much always feel normal, unless maybe I ingested something. When I was younger I didn't feel normal. But, I can't really say that word means much to me anymore.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Maybe it should be mentioned that I don't define the term based off of other people.

"I" just feel normal and it has nothing to do with anyone else
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    frankly, I never feel normal. But hey, normalcy in this society is not something I should strive for, in my opinion.
    You're basically saying the same thing except 'not normal' is normal for you and you you always feel your normal?

I would expect more NFs to feel 'not normal by society's standards' then 'normal'...oh wow, I think I'm confusing myself now.

Glad to see you back on the forum (or maybe that's me that's back.)

Wait, just saw Lady X's follow-up, see??
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari