User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    how is it cruel? it's dead! if anything they can call for lack of cat dignity (if that exists), but thats' all i guess
    If something is deserving of [a certain amount of] respect in life then it's deserving of at least the same [amount] of respect in death if not more to reach a basic decency standard. The act of cruelty or disrespect is more about the person doing whatever it is to the dead rather than if a dead once living creature is capable anymore of feeling pain or indignity. And it's about respecting the concept of life [as we know it] (ha! I sound like a prolifer here don't I??)

This is why you have massive parades and forced national days of mourning for heads of state/royalty and unmarked graves for the lowest rungoutliers in society (homeless drifters etc). And why enemies desecrate graves and loved ones visit places of burial/memorial.

And why it's okay for people to mess with the lower rung mammals like mice (you can buy them for less than a buck to feed snakes with, mice are vermin and disposable, etc) and do traditional taxidermy which in a way celebrates life (capturing the once living animals in all their wild glory whether it's an animals that was hunted and killed or a pet) or mess with taxidermy in a way that clearly is in those given boundaries ^^ of "good intentions" like Steve Carrells cute life affirming dioramas with mice in "Dinner For Schmucks" but outside of that it both challenges concepts of decency as well as respect for life and if nothing else can show people aren't even thinking about those things ^^ and from social value standpoint no matter how disposable animals in general are seen as, pets are still get priveleges.

A lack of compassion or respect can be another synonym for cruelty.

I think also consent is a big part of it when you start going up the animal kingdom ladder. Once you hit homo sapiens let's hope morgues or whatnot aren't being mined for taxidermy helicopter projects The way they found bodies (did you hear those horror story rumors?) for that "bodies in motion" exhibit that was touring the world.

I think for an artists project this does fulfill the requirement of making you think. And look at the way that artists is staring lovingly into the permanently shocked eyes of fluffy! Act of love indeed.

However, in the positive response to the project I doubt if everyone who wants to emulate this project or give ig a are really doing it as an excercise in the meaning of life or any of those things^^ its more "cool! Let's blow something up/turn something neon/make something fly).

Are we going to talk about veganism and right to die legislation now?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

cru·el
    definition 1: inclined to inflict or intentionally inflicting pain, hardship, or suffering.
    definition 2: unconcerned with or enjoying other people's suffering.
    definition 3: resulting in suffering.

http://www.wordsmyth.net/?level=3&ent=cruel

cat dead = no suffering possible = not cruel

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    If something is deserving of [a certain amount of] respect in life then it's deserving of at least the same [amount] of respect in death if not more to reach a basic decency standard. The act of cruelty or disrespect is more about the person doing whatever it is to the dead rather than if a dead once living creature is capable anymore of feeling pain or indignity. And it's about respecting the concept of life [as we know it] (ha! I sound like a prolifer here don't I??)

This is why you have massive parades and forced national days of mourning for heads of state/royalty and unmarked graves for the lowest rungoutliers in society (homeless drifters etc). And why enemies desecrate graves and loved ones visit places of burial/memorial.

And why it's okay for people to mess with the lower rung mammals like mice (you can buy them for less than a buck to feed snakes with, mice are vermin and disposable, etc) and do traditional taxidermy which in a way celebrates life (capturing the once living animals in all their wild glory whether it's an animals that was hunted and killed or a pet) or mess with taxidermy in a way that clearly is in those given boundaries ^^ of "good intentions" like Steve Carrells cute life affirming dioramas with mice in "Dinner For Schmucks" but outside of that it both challenges concepts of decency as well as respect for life and if nothing else can show people aren't even thinking about those things ^^ and from social value standpoint no matter how disposable animals in general are seen as, pets are still get priveleges.

A lack of compassion or respect can be another synonym for cruelty.

I think also consent is a big part of it when you start going up the animal kingdom ladder. Once you hit homo sapiens let's hope morgues or whatnot aren't being mined for taxidermy helicopter projects The way they found bodies (did you hear those horror story rumors?) for that "bodies in motion" exhibit that was touring the world.

I think for an artists project this does fulfill the requirement of making you think. And look at the way that artists is staring lovingly into the permanently shocked eyes of fluffy! Act of love indeed.

However, in the positive response to the project I doubt if everyone who wants to emulate this project or give ig a are really doing it as an excercise in the meaning of life or any of those things^^ its more "cool! Let's blow something up/turn something neon/make something fly).

Are we going to talk about veganism and right to die legislation now?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    cru·el
    definition 1: inclined to inflict or intentionally inflicting pain, hardship, or suffering.
    definition 2: unconcerned with or enjoying other people's suffering.
    definition 3: resulting in suffering.

http://www.wordsmyth.net/?level=3&ent=cruel

cat dead = no suffering possible = not cruel
    You Madame, are quoting the dictionary to me in a cruel manner.

Couldn't you say the same about simulated torture? People get a lot of pleasure or even get off on that stuff. If you want to be A GRAMMAR NAZI about it *ahem* and a stickler for definitions it's not possible to for cruelty to be a part of that equation. I see that definitin only includes enjoyment of other PEOPLEs suffering, you SPECIESIST! There are many ways to tiptoe around the definition but that doesn't change the fact attitudes towards unequals (animals, the dead, etc) can include a streak of cruelty/lack of compassion.

And what about the cruelty inflicted on millions of CAT LOVERS??? God fearing cat lovers who want Fluffy to fly to heaven the right way????? WHAT ABOUT THEIR MENTAL ANGUISH?!?!

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Was there one of the Duke Nukem games which you could fire exploding cats at your enemies or send them running in their general direction?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Was there one of the Duke Nukem games which you could fire exploding cats at your enemies or send them running in their general direction?
    Postal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    There is beauty in it.
    Obviously, where can I get my very own helicat?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

ahahhah
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itt0rALeHE8&ob=av2e
    (but i still don't agree that it's cruelty, sorry. i just check my Fi and it's still in one piece i think its lack of respect, a different thing)

You Madame, are quoting the dictionary to me in a cruel manner.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Obviously, where can I get my helicat?
    I think you have to first form a deep, loving bond with a pet, make it somehow "expire" *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* but in a way that preservers 90% of its exterior body for taxidermy purposes, and then secure exhibit space at a well known gallery so you may display this testament to life, death, and the enduring feline spirit.

Good luck with that.

Johari/Nohari

Banned

I think you have to first form a deep, loving bond with a pet, make it somehow "expire" *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* but in a way that preservers 90% of its exterior body for taxidermy purposes, and then secure exhibit space at a well known gallery so you may display this testament to life, death, and the enduring feline spirit.

Good luck with that.
    Im not all that handy, I would probably mess it up.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Im not all that handy, I would probably mess it up.
    In that case, stick to colored pencils and acrylic Like:

Or photography:

Johari/Nohari

Banned

In that case, stick to colored pencils and acrylic
    It's my weapon of choice.