User Tag List

123 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Default What's your opinion on reporting people?

I don't think I've reported anyone since I've been here.

I've put some people on ignore for short periods of time, but never reported.

Nothing anyone can say on the internet can hurt me in a way that would force me to require the mods to punish them.

The lone exception being a pending and immediate threat of physical violence.

What's your take on the whole process?

Not trying to start a flame war here or anything, just curious to see other perspectives on the issue.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Although even with the threat of immediate violence I would be more likely to say "come get it" than report them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I haven't ever reported anyone either, but if someone were repeatedly saying hurtful/mean things to me, or threatening physical violence, I wouldn't hesitate. Sure, it's best not to take people's hurtful comments personally, and there's very little chance any physical violence would ever come to fruition, but just because this is an impersonal, relately anonymous medium of communication, it shoudn't mean that people should be able to say whatever they want with no regard for respect and human decency. People should treat each other with kindness, or at least refrain from deliberate meanness. I wouldn't hesitate to call someone out for deliberate meanness.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

People should treat each other with kindness, or at least refrain from deliberate meanness. I wouldn't hesitate to call someone out for deliberate meanness.
    I do agree with that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm not exactly a long-time member, but I can't think of any situation where I would be reporting anyone. That's not saying I agree with everything that has ever been said on the internet, but I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how ignorant or needlessly hateful.

Also, I am rather amused by people threatening physical violence over the internet, I'm more likely to get a nice grin out of it than anything else.

I've been here since 2007, and I've never reported or used ignore on anyone. I'd like to think that my curiosity is stronger than my sensitivity. Besides, it just strikes me as not fair play.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Can't imagine ever being bothered enough by anything/anyone to report something.

Edit: Although, now that I think of it, there have been a couple times that I have overreacted to things in a way that could have gotten me reported but apparently those folks felt the same about reporting. Everything got hashed out in public on the threads
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm pretty sure I've never reported someone. There was a disturbed guy with a grace slick obsession that threatened me and I may have reported him but I'm not sure. Someone else probably did before I had the chance. He was banned pretty quick.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've never reported someone. There was a disturbed guy with a grace slick obsession that threatened me and I may have reported him but I'm not sure. Someone else probably did before I had the chance. He was banned pretty quick.
    LOL isn't that the guy with the website dedicated to how he trolled TypoC?

I've only ever reported one person, and that's because I truly thought they were a detriment to this community. Reporting starts the process of getting them kicked out.

Ignore, though...I never ignore anyone. It seems stupid, especially with the whole nested quotes thing.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    yupp

It seems petty. I'm a petty person, so yes I have reported.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so