User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 79

  1. #31
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    I can't remember how many times I've reported a post. At least twice in the last couple of weeks.

    Here's when/why I do it:

    1. I never report someone I am debating/fighting, or if I am personally insulted.
    2. I only report posts when others are fighting when the post breaks the rules.
    3. Otherwise, it is to direct mod attention towards something - a disruptive poster, spam, porn, something that needs fixing, etc. Mods don't read everything, you have to attract their attention. I hated it as admin when people would whinge about something they never personally reported as if we were all-knowing gods. REPORT IT!

  2. #32
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    I have never reported anyone and never been reported (that has been communicated to me, anyhow)..
    Unless it is a newly joined troll that gets banned quickly, the biggest repeat offenders are still on this forum and have quite a history of offense. Since they are still members I assume that the eye in the sky has decided these peoples contribution to the forum is greater than their innapropriate behaivor (for knowledge or funding or amusement) and I simply avoid them. It has worked great so far.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  3. #33
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you asked how to report.
    I asked if you can see who you reported.

  4. #34
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I asked if you can see who you reported.
    oh I don't think so. but i don't really know
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #35
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    I want to report all the posts in this thread.

  6. #36
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    [*]Otherwise, it is to direct mod attention towards something - a disruptive poster, spam, porn, something that needs fixing, etc. Mods don't read everything, you have to attract their attention. I hated it as admin when people would whinge about something they never personally reported as if we were all-knowing gods. REPORT IT!
    yeah, definitely this last bit. It is what it is.

    @Laurie: I don't remember anyone ever asking to be reminded of whom they have reported in the past. Go figure.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #37
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I can't remember how many times I've reported a post. At least twice in the last couple of weeks.

    Here's when/why I do it:

    1. I never report someone I am debating/fighting, or if I am personally insulted.
    2. I only report posts when others are fighting when the post breaks the rules.
    3. Otherwise, it is to direct mod attention towards something - a disruptive poster, spam, porn, something that needs fixing, etc. Mods don't read everything, you have to attract their attention. I hated it as admin when people would whinge about something they never personally reported as if we were all-knowing gods. REPORT IT!
    You mean mods aren't mind reader. hrmph
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #38
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Laurie: I don't remember anyone ever asking to be reminded of whom they have reported in the past. Go figure.
    I'm a beautiful and unique snowflake.

  9. #39
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    I just reported once... @SmileyMan
    And even that was because he continually reported me on vent (with the silliest of reasons...none of which were true)...-being the attention grabbing whore troll he is.
    I think most things can be sorted out between forum members.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  10. #40
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    I think there's nothing wrong about wanting the rules to be applied. As long as the request is reasonable and desirable, the question should be why not do it.
    Just so I can keep my badass image?
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

Similar Threads

  1. What is your opinion on plastic surgery?
    By Santosha in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 10:41 PM
  2. What is your opinion on riders (legislation)?
    By Tyrinth in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 02:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO