User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Whenever I've tried ignoring users I've always ended up clicking "view post" every time I saw their name anyway. Which obviously defeats the purpose.
    Me too! If it would hide them from your view altogether I might be inclined to use it more, but when I can see that they posted something, curiosity always gets the better of me. So I don't have anyone on ignore.

Plus, it's not usually individuals that consistently annoy me, it's certain discussions/threads. So I wouldn't usually want to consistently ignore any one person, but I'd like to be able to put threads on ignore when they start pissing me off and I don't want to deal with them anymore. But that's another topic and I know the mods are aware of this request.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That Grace Slick guy is the same guy with the trolled TypC website, he was an asshole, I should have reported him, but he was gone before I could say Grace Slick. I felt bad for Lady X, that guy was a prick. I'd never reported anyone until I did a stint as a mod, since I quit I haven't reported on anyone. No... I think I reported spam and something else about a thread getting out of hand. I don't know if it is really pussy to report someone, I guess that depends on what it is about. I wouldn't report someone who was arguing with me, but in some situations you can't sort it out and see it needs to be dealt with.
    This. If someone was reporting people willy-nilly without good reasons, I might be inclined to think of that person as a tattle tale. But if it's for a good reason-- i.e. in clear violation of forum rules and the person really feels hurt and/or threatened-- then isn't that what the Report function is for?

Just like we teach little kids that "telling" isn't always "tattling" and sometimes it's good to tell a teacher or parent what's going on, there are some instances on the forum, like the ones Wolfy mentions, where I think reporting is warranted.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I reported someone. They were creeping me out! I think they just got a warning to back off on the creeping. I wasn't expecting them disciplined or anything, I just wanted someone else to tell them to stop creeping.

The reporting worked and it broke the cycle. I had forgotten all about it.

Sometimes reporting makes a lot less drama than making a big deal about it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Just like we teach little kids that "telling" isn't always "tattling" and sometimes it's good to tell a teacher or parent what's going on, there are some instances on the forum, like the ones Wolfy mentions, where I think reporting is warranted.
    Exactly this.

I've always wondered about the "tattling" thing. People say on one hand that kids shouldn't be bullied but on the other hand use the word "tattling" freely.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Who'd have thought that people who do reportable things hate reporting and attack those that do it?

Halla's post is the best in thread, I dont think this is a proper discussion thread either its a desperate attempt at peer validation. There's a wild bit of that going on, way more than the usual emoting

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Who'd have thought that people who do reportable things hate reporting and attack those that do it?

Halla's post is the best in thread, I dont think this is a proper discussion thread either its a desperate attempt at peer validation. There's a wild bit of that going on, way more than the usual emoting
    I hope those sentiments keep you warm at night.

If you're going to dish it out you better be able to take it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

Halla's post is the best in thread
    As far as I can tell, Halla's post has nothing to do with the comments you just made:

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Considering the lack of consistency of administrative discipline on this forum, I am disinclined to state that I see any merit whatsoever in reporting anyone for anything, unless of course threat of physical violence as Mr. Disco stated, but even in that case - if I felt that concerned I'd leave the matter to professionals (aka "911"), and not lay any unecessary burden on the madministration here at TypC.
    He is saying that it's not worth reporting anyone or involving the mod staff here, whereas you seem to be suggesting that you are pro-reporting and criticism of reporting is just the forum rabble hating to have their fun spoiled.

, I dont think this is a proper discussion thread either its a desperate attempt at peer validation. There's a wild bit of that going on, way more than the usual emoting
    May 25, 10:46am: Despite efforts to control psychosis via relevant socio-informational dialogue loops, subject still continues to misinterpret data content and broadly project himself on motivations of peers. Will treatment ever be successful? Stymied. Have to reconsider treatment strategy...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

How do I find where/if I reported someone. Maybe I just sent a PM to a mod? I'm really curious now, I can't remember! F-ing memory sucks.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    How do I find where/if I reported someone. Maybe I just sent a PM to a mod? I'm really curious now, I can't remember! F-ing memory sucks.
    below the post their's 3 buttons a blog this post, a star, and a caution sign. click the caution sign.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Are you trying to get me to report you or just didn't get what I meant! ha!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Are you trying to get me to report you or just didn't get what I meant! ha!
    you asked how to report.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so