User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes, your purchase was a moral travesty, and your dreadful thread title continues to sinfully besmirch the inherent goodness of the English language (properly used.)
    Actually, that's the French language.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Show-off
    Jealous?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I agree about the alcohol and the club, but I wouldn't say tickets to a concert leave you with nothing to show for it. Nothing tangible, maybe. But I've had many profound emotional experiences at concerts, both rock and classical. Worth $70 to me.
    Its maybe a matter of taste, the experience of clubbing or drinking is in the same ballpark at least as concerts or gigging, its the same transaction I mean. I didnt mean it was worthless but you dont have anything in the same sense as if you buy a commodity. Although it depends whether or not that is vital in your estimation. I'm not saying I wouldnt pay that much to gain admission to an event, just that in terms of buyers regret, provided you dont come to resent the commodity its more tangible, sometimes, than memories. Like if you stub your toe on it. You dont stub your toe on memories.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Its maybe a matter of taste, the experience of clubbing or drinking is in the same ballpark at least as concerts or gigging, its the same transaction I mean. I didnt mean it was worthless but you dont have anything in the same sense as if you buy a commodity. Although it depends whether or not that is vital in your estimation. I'm not saying I wouldnt pay that much to gain admission to an event, just that in terms of buyers regret, provided you dont come to resent the commodity its more tangible, sometimes, than memories. Like if you stub your toe on it. You dont stub your toe on memories.
    Oh, I knew what you meant. Just pointing out that some intangible things are worth as much, or more, than tangible ones. Travel, for one. I'd way rather travel than spend money on aunch of crap I don't need. But if it's crap I do need, or will really use and enjoy, that's okay. Which seems to be the case with Qlip's fan.

My blog:

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Oh, I knew what you meant. Just pointing out that some intangible things are worth as much, or more, than tangible ones. Travel, for one. I'd way rather travel than spend money on aunch of crap I don't need. But if it's crap I do need, or will really use and enjoy, that's okay. Which seems to be the case with Qlip's fan.
    I think Qlip's only worried because he's conscientious, which is cool, although with the fan he can literally be cool aswell as being a cool character

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'd fuck a Dyson Air Multiplier.
    Ohh yea... I know right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think Qlip's only worried because he's conscientious, which is cool, although with the fan he can literally be cool aswell as being a cool character
    Perfect!

My blog:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Jealous?
    I'm a woman. Society considers me sexy if I can jump through one of those hoops, not shag it.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Lol silly. It's not just about what you do, intention matters too. The thing is to remember that all humans deserve the best, not just you!
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

garbage

If you needed a fan, and if it's something that you use a lot, you may as well get a good one.

If you got a shitty $20 one that broke on you four times, that's, like $80 right there. Really, you're doing the third world a favor.