MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    what a lovely thread.

salsa: there are over 300 moves and they are all communicated via subtle flicks of a man's hand. this is awesomely liberating and exciting for an Ne-dom, who can't rely on anything other than these subtle, spur-of-the-moment instructions. unf i'm so dominant i'm hard to lead, but the experienced salseros let me do it (or figure out how to lead me). my friends and i go salsa dancing a few times/month and by the end of the night, i'll have danced with about 20 men...each with a different style. my friends crack up because i spend 2 solid hours laughing from the joy of this beautiful dance. apparently you can hear my laughter in the outdoor courtyard.

everyone should spend hours laughing and dancing like this.

p.s. @AphroditeGoneAwry/@Qlip so much could be gained by being closer!
    Closer to whom? Each other, or to you?

you sound like you've travelled to emotionally warmer climes.
    Can you elaborate on this?

familial dissonance is one of the most bizarre and jarring aspects of american society (i still can't understand why so many americans get stomach aches before they go home to see their family. i speak or text with several members of mine daily and consider them my closest, most beloved friends. my heart aches when we're apart. and friends! they welcome my friends into our family like long lost relatives who must be patted and petted and fed delicious food and wine and sangrias non-stop.) my friendly, touchy-feely, always-laughing, passionate culture.
    jelly. I want to be petted and fed sangrias.

*Aphrodite curls up in her shell*
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Closer to whom? Each other, or to you?
    who the hell knows!

seriously, it's a really good question. you're part of the borg when you're born into the kind of culture i refer to...where the sole purpose is To Have A Good Time.

i'm one of 2 extroverts in a family of 10 children. 2 extroverts i tell you! the rest are INs. yet when we get together there are philosophical discussions and debates, yes, but also laughter and hugging and constant stream of affection--whether it is a warm smile or a caress or just playing with someone's hair while you catch them up on the latest. and yes. dancing. how can you not dance, when you start the day with mama's food and mimosas, then graduate to dos equis at lunch then wine with dinner? the introverts were taught to dance from a young age like everyone else, and while they may have mastered the art of twitching their hips to the music while others twirl, they certainly don't absent themselves from the fun.

my boyfriends are generally introverts and get sucked into it, too. they usually want to vacation/holiday with mine over theirs. even, er, after we're no longer a couple.

jelly. I want to be petted and fed sangrias.

*Aphrodite curls up in her shell*
    i can relate. that is exactly how i feel when i am not with my family. and all the salsa unitards in the world cannot make it right.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Sure some people go grind on people's butts at night clubs and take drugs and do DDR in large dark rooms, but people don't just wholesomely dance as a matter-of-fact cultural thing in the West anymore. For centuries royalty and peasants alike had their own dances for socialization and recreation, with the exception of a few extremist religious groups.

Up until disco in the 70s, or at least up until the dances of the 60s, average people danced, young and old, whether it was strictly ballroom, the foxtrot, a waltz, the twist, or the Charleston. I notice this because I like to dance and grew up taking theatrical dance like ballet and tap, and also even took a shag class in middle school. My great aunt taught me to Charleston, and my grandfathers wife taught me some 50s and 60s style dancing.

Dude people are fuckin fat and depressed. Music is negative, angry, and depressing for a disturbing segment of it and totally fuckin un-danceable.

I believe the two things are connected. The loss of uplifting music that had dance steps accompanying it signifies the downfall of Western civilization.

I have decided I will marry a man who isn't afraid to learn how to dance. Marmie needs a nice hobby when she's old.

Anyway, discuss.
    I can't do the modern day grind dance. After all, it is way too sexual. Every time that I try to grind dance, I just get super hard and just wind up wanting to have sex with the female that I'm dancing with.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I love to dance, and lament the lack thereof in modern society.

This love even extends to my search for that special someone...

Every single serious relationship I've had has been with someone who knew how to dance.
    I can't dance for shit. I wish I could though.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Dude people are fuckin fat and depressed. Music is negative, angry, and depressing for a disturbing segment of it and totally fuckin un-danceable.

I believe the two things are connected. The loss of uplifting music that had dance steps accompanying it signifies the downfall of Western civilization.
    Join Us.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Humans are made to dance.
    I think it's painfully obvious that I wasn't.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    STUF

I think culture was even healthier when we still had slaves. The downfall of western civilization began when slavery was de-legitimized.
    Whoops.

Permabanned

why is this sentiment popping up so frequently in my life all of a sudden? 3rd or 4th time i've heard it in the last couple months...

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    why is this sentiment popping up so frequently in my life all of a sudden? 3rd or 4th time i've heard it in the last couple months...
    Learn to dance?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    I think culture was even healthier when we still had slaves. The downfall of western civilization began when slavery was de-legitimized.
    Its alright to keep slaves provided you give them a wage.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Learn to dance?
    im a pretty good dancer already..
    at least my drunken self tells himself that..