User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

2-3 days? I thought the parameters might be more like 2-3 minutes. For people I only "kind of" care about, in a good mood I can go about 10-20 minutes max. In a bad mood, I have actually just walked away from people mid-sentence. For people I truly care about...no maximum.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    before getting exhausted of people? me I can go 2-3 days, but i understand a lot of introverts can't last this long before having to go back into their hidey-hole.

and

extroverts how long can you stay in your hidey-hole before you need to come out and join society?
    I can definitely do a lot of socializing for several days (at least) at a stretch, and sometimes I have to. An awful lot depends on the nature of it, though. What am I doing? Is it parties I actually don't really want to be at, or people I'm somehow obliged to meet up with but don't get along with that well, etc? Or is it dinners and good chats with good friends, a pleasant party, rock concerts and cultural events? (The latter is a lot better for me!)

But even if it's stuff I enjoy, if I have day after day or week after week with not much alone time I will start to feel exhausted and stressed or even eventually ill. The ideal for me, and what I should strive for, is a really good balance. If I'm on my own all the time I can get lonely and paranoid and too much in my head. If I'm with others all the time I will get worn out and crabby.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

I can socialize for a few days if I have to, and sometimes I want to, for me it also depends on the situation. When I go back home to visit my friends and family, I love hanging out with everyone for the whole time I'm there. Where I work is like an extrovert playland so I often find ways to disappear or to just talk with 1 or 2 people when I need to. As long as I have some time to myself I'm alright, and I wake up earlier than most people I know, so I can recharge a little bit without anyone really even noticing.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I can definitely do a lot of socializing for several days (at least) at a stretch, and sometimes I have to. An awful lot depends on the nature of it, though. What am I doing? Is it parties I actually don't really want to be at, or people I'm somehow obliged to meet up with but don't get along with that well, etc? Or is it dinners and good chats with good friends, a pleasant party, rock concerts and cultural events? (The latter is a lot better for me!)

But even if it's stuff I enjoy, if I have day after day or week after week with not much alone time I will start to feel exhausted and stressed or even eventually ill. The ideal for me, and what I should strive for, is a really good balance. If I'm on my own all the time I can get lonely and paranoid and too much in my head. If I'm with others all the time I will get worn out and crabby.
    I'm like this as well. I find it's good to find the balance that works for you. and if you have to just say "sorry, I can't tonight how about x y or z"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

long time. if Im not stimulated, very brief.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I relate well to @SilkRoad's & @Lux's posts. I can socialize for fair chunks of time, selectively, as long as I get to recharge, & as long as recharging in of itself in a given situation isn't going to create some kind of potential for conflict that I'll have to spend energy doing damage ctrl explaining. I go to sleep a lot later than most people, and don't typically see anyone til night or late afternoon, so, it's usually not a problem.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    by socializing i meant listen to others talk. I rarely talk myself
    i can listen to others talk for days

if i have to do the talking/answer a lot of questions personally, then i think like 6 hours
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by man View Post
    i can listen to others talk for days

if i have to do the talking/answer a lot of questions personally, then i think like 6 hours
    This actually reminds me- if I just woke up, I can feign attention and such, as long as the other person's not overly alert AND expecting constant verbal feedback. I can't be expected to offer more than a bleary ''ey'' when I first wake up. And maybe a couple ''ehhh.. mhm.. ya.'' If more than that is expected, I end up having to explain like.. look, I just woke up, I can't.. make words right now.. no, i'm not mad. Yes, I'm sure I'm not mad.. everything's fine, I just..

Generally I can't stand speaking to anyone but my cat when I first wake up. I need an hour to adjust to being awake, my mind is slow to get moving in the morning; & I like that alone time to mentally prepare for the day. Even with s/o's I always liked getting up an hour or so before them- I felt like I could take my time showering, etc. I hate feeling rushed or distracted when I'm doing things like that (I'm neurotic, I know). On the upside, when people don't mind me doing this, I use the extra time to make them coffee or breakfast sometimes.

Fe is a cursed gift.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    This actually reminds me- if I just woke up, I can feign attention and such, as long as the other person's not overly alert AND expecting constant verbal feedback. I can't be expected to offer more than a bleary ''ey'' when I first wake up. And maybe a couple ''ehhh.. mhm.. ya.'' If more than that is expected, I end up having to explain like.. look, I just woke up, I can't.. make words right now.. no, i'm not mad. Yes, I'm sure I'm not mad.. everything's fine, I just..

Generally I can't stand speaking to anyone but my cat when I first wake up. I need an hour to adjust to being awake, my mind is slow to get moving in the morning; & I like that alone time to mentally prepare for the day. Even with s/o's I always liked getting up an hour or so before them- I felt like I could take my time showering, etc. I hate feeling rushed or distracted when I'm doing things like that (I'm neurotic, I know). On the upside, when people don't mind me doing this, I use the extra time to make them coffee or breakfast sometimes.

Fe is a cursed gift.
    I don't like talking first thing in the morning either, and my sister in law got really offended because i didn't say good morning to her.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I relate well to @SilkRoad's & @Lux's posts. I can socialize for fair chunks of time, selectively, as long as I get to recharge, & as long as recharging in of itself in a given situation isn't going to create some kind of potential for conflict that I'll have to spend energy doing damage ctrl explaining. I go to sleep a lot later than most people, and don't typically see anyone til night or late afternoon, so, it's usually not a problem.
    Yep, I related to both your posts.

I think in some ways I'm almost ambivert, which is quite common for type 6 too, apparently. But it's funny - lately I've been having quite a lot of "how have I EVER thought I might be an extrovert?!" moments. (Because I have briefly, though only briefly, considered that I might be ENFJ - don't think I could be any other type of extrovert!).

I just get what I think of as "people-tired" quite easily. I can get very energized by socializing, but it has to be just what I need; usually hours of good conversation with a good friend, or a concert, or something similar. Otherwise I'll probably start feeling drained sooner or later, even if I'm having fun. And sometimes just the thought of being around a bunch of warm bodies - at least if I have to actively interact - can be very tiring!

Even if I've just had a very pleasant night out or something similar, I find when I get home that I usually have to get back into "introvert space" for a little while at least. Cup of tea, read a book, go online, etc. Actually, I suspect that I'm doing too much of the going online and it's not really doing the trick, sometimes quite the opposite. I should do more just cup of tea/read a book.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING