User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Don't feel bad. Most people are average.
    You must be a speed reading savant.

Those numbers would put you at the top end of very advanced speed readers basically making you one of the fastest readers on the planet.

Forgive me my doubt.

MBTI
    INTj

Thank you.

I could recommend books that share the technique if you would like.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

This is an irrelevant measure without knowing the purpose of the reading activity. I could read and comment on a student paper in 8 minutes. It usually takes me 25+ mins though, because of my purpose and goals.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

You read 192 words per minute. That makes you 23% slower than the national average.

I knew I'd be crap at it. Yet more evidence suggesting I have dyslexia.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I knew I'd be crap at it. Yet more evidence suggesting I have dyslexia.
    Actually, I see words as pictures, which is a type of dyslexia. And, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I read somewhere that it is also a rare characteristic of Autism, but I'm not sure.
    Haight

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Thank you.

I could recommend books that share the technique if you would like.
    No need I'm happy with:

You read 1,360 words per minute.

That makes you 444% faster than the national average.

MBTI
    INTj

Good, because I don't feel like walking all the way upstairs.
    Haight

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I read very slow but my comprehension can be remarkable. Maybe some twisted form of dyslexia. To tell you the truth I wish I could have both worlds.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Actually, I see words as pictures, which is a type of dyslexia. And, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I read somewhere that it is also a rare characteristic of Autism, but I'm not sure.
    Yeah I see things a little like this too but not quite in the autism sense. I have attempted learning 3 languages with entirely different written scripts because I enjoy that aspect so much. Unfortunately, my bad memory and crappy speaking/listening abilities get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post
    I read very slow but my comprehension can be remarkable. Maybe some twisted form of dyslexia. To tell you the truth I wish I could have both worlds.
    Yeah I'm totally like this too.

Actually I read somewhere that some people with dyslexia (ironically, when I first typed that word I misspelled it "dysexlia" ) can have high comprehension rates if they have excellent higher-order language skills. This is because, even though they mentally skip all over the page, they can piece together all the random bits of information together like a puzzle.

I had a quick look for articles on it. Here's a good one:

We frequently see children who consistently show good comprehension reading lengthy passages or even long books, yet who significantly under-perform or even fail written tests of reading comprehension because they have difficulty reading short test questions or multiple-choice answers.

This seemingly paradoxical difficulty reading short passages can be better understood by considering the nature of the reading difficulties children with stealth dyslexia usually have. As mentioned earlier, these children typically show difficulties with word-by-word reading, skipping words occasionally and making word substitutions. When reading longer passages, they can often use their excellent higher-order language skills to fill in or correct errors in word reading, drawing on the redundancy and contextual cues that are usually available in longer passages. However, short passages contain fewer contextual cues. They have less redundant content, and they often have more condensed syntax, providing fewer means of correcting individual word errors. Therefore, the likelihood of errors increases as passages decrease in length.
    http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10435.aspx
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yeah I see things a little like this too but not quite in the autism sense. I have attempted learning 3 languages with entirely different written scripts because I enjoy that aspect so much. Unfortunately, my bad memory and crappy speaking/listening abilities get in the way.

Yeah I'm totally like this too.

Actually I read somewhere that some people with dyslexia (ironically, when I first typed that word I misspelled it "dysexlia" ) can have high comprehension rates if they have excellent higher-order language skills. This is because, even though they mentally skip all over the page, they can piece together all the random bits of information together like a puzzle.

I had a quick look for articles on it. Here's a good one:

http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10435.aspx
    This is interesting and seems to make sense. This slower reading seems to produce short "thought pit stops" between words and sentences; where some distinct form of cognition occurs or as the article infers some analysis puzzle pieces are graphed.
    Last edited by Vizconde; 05-20-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: spelling error
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"