User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Close to 10, but with regulars 0 moments.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Avg: 1
    Stressed: 4
    Oh, its
    You

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Actually, i wonder if it's not:

Average = 10
    Stressed = 0
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

garbage

Average, 4-6.. probably. I have my moments, but I bounce back. The thing that I'm most insecure about is my insecurities, as if they shouldn't be kicking around in my brain.

Not to say that all 'low-scorers' are like this, but lots of people are secure for the wrong reasons--they haven't taken a good look at their own motivations, they blame the outside world, and so on. From my perspective, some stagnate or become complacent.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    How do you know how insecure the average person is? as the saying goes, you can't judge your insides by other people's outsides.

I'd like to think I'm on the low side of average but really, I have no idea. Also depends on the situation and my mood, of course. I have my moments.
    There's this, too.

Glycerine

8 when stressed 3-4 when not, lol

MBTI
    IsFJ

Somewhere between 5 and 8...

Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm a 7 w6 which I think makes me jump back and forth from 0 to 10 haha

Really I don't know... Mostly I feel pretty confident but I'm a worrier. I go from this idea is so badass I am going to rock this mother out!! To... Or maybe it sucks and I have no idea what I'm doing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

mh.
    Not very.
    I mean what do you mean by insecure? I can ask someone if they dont like me for the purpose of information, I appreciate a straight answer but I ll rarely take it very personally. Though it does make me happy when people randomly tell me they like me surely.
    I doubt myself as part of a process of growth and frankly, to get stuff done. Over estimating one s ability when you re a strong P means never getting from idea to deed and thats not really something I wanted for myself.
    Though in terms of self referential emotional insecurity no. Skepticism just as enthusiasm have a purpose in me that is and ever strive to be in harmony with my core personality.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I d say humans overestimate their own judgment etc. you could say it stems in insecurity, or you could say it comes from the opposite. At the end of the day I think its more relevant to say these are natural mental processes interdependently from the qualitative tags we wish to stick on them.

As you defined 5 as average this involves some kind of outside or at least ''other'' reference so the estimation of one s levels of insecurity would depend upon many variables. I d assume you mean average '' in comparison to others''. But do people estimate others judgment, confidence etc appropriately ? And what is the distribution and standard deviation within representative samples of the population? How does it vary based on cultures etc?
    For example i ve noticed that cultures where the passing grade was say 65% rather than 50% tend to rate many things higher. However this is still circumstantial as I haven't really conducted any study on it and many other factors come into play. Correlation isn't causation and all that.

So yeah, I d say the thread would have to define the terms first. For example I could answer 2 on 10. Then I could also say 5 on 10 by assuming that I try to reach a balance (assuming that not being insecure makes one confident, this is a fallacy but we tend to polarize such things, for example if asked if someone is tall from 0 to 10 people will say 5 if they consider themselves average. But technically if they are not taller than average a more correct answer would be 0 and 0 on a subsequent question asking if they are small. (and that doesnt take into account what type of representive sample and observations are being used)

Anyway, my answers would be say.. 2, then 5 (for balance) then taking into account self serving biases 6, then adjusting for observed behavior (where i was present, direct observation) and frequency etc. I d say 2 again, then adjusting for ego affirming pattern seeking behavior i'd say 3. Knowing that I ve already adjusted for these effects precedently I would say 2.
    then you have to consider situations and spread that on a bell curve..

edit: another interesting bit is that people will tend to avoid stuff they are insecure with, which is another source of bias in the data sample!

You asked!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

3-4.

Not insecure at all (or very little) about being basically a good person, being intelligent, being a good friend, etc.

Kind of insecure about how others perceive me, my attractiveness/appearance, etc.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING